Ground control station

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azadulhaq

Reaction score
Hello,
Would you recommend any ready-made ground station or self build ground station for mid to high power rocketry for university students? We want to provide the service to the students who will use our university. The station must be capable of capturing live telemetry data. Thank you in advance.

If you want realtime GPS data and altitude the Featherweight Raven GPS is a good choice. If you are wanting more function what are those functions?

Raven 4 is sold out and Blue Raven is not out yet. Kate-3 is also not available. I am still looking for a solution.

Eggfinder LCD with GPS addition for ground station. You can add a voice module as well to speak out the altitude like Kate does.
Eggtimer Quasar on rocket to provide both GPS tracking and telemetry based on altimeter data. I wouldn't depend on GPS data for telemetry because altitude and velocity are typically delayed. You can get everything you need for both ground the ground station and rocket for under $200 and its all-in stock now.
http://eggtimerrocketry.com/
The soldering would be a good student project if you don't want to. If you can't use a student, there are plenty of people on this forum who will do it for a reasonable fee.

Will, I didn't see any information sent out about this event at NARCON. Where was it advertised? Can I watch, even if I haven't gotten the parts yet?
Dave
It's the "lost in the corn: getting started with radio tracking" session at 1400 Eastern. Sure, feel free to watch, the Arduino project is only one of three options I ended up talking about. Of course, there are lots of GPS tracking options and I was sorry to only be able to fit a couple into the short time of the talk.

Back