Greetings

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TangoAlphaZulu

Reaction score
Hello, everyone.
Returning to rocketry after a looooong hiatus. I've built a few Low power kits, and one mid-power that will soon take me to Level 1. I am very interested in things I can send up as payloads the the myriad electronics I can use to make recovery a lot more complicated!

Jeff

Hello, everyone.
Returning to rocketry after a looooong hiatus. I've built a few Low power kits, and one mid-power that will soon take me to Level 1. I am very interested in things I can send up as payloads the the myriad electronics I can use to make recovery a lot more complicated!

Jeff
There’s a bunch.

Altimeters, accelerometers, flight computers, cameras, GPS units, radio transmitters, lights, invertebrate animals, raw eggs…

Just as long as it’s not intended to be flammable, explosive, or harmful.

There’s a bunch.

Altimeters, accelerometers, flight computers, cameras, GPS units, radio transmitters, lights, invertebrate animals, raw eggs…

Just as long as it’s not intended to be flammable, explosive, or harmful.
Wow! I kinda had the impression that living payloads were verboten, though I never asked. So bugs, snails, uh.. that sort?
And to our new member, welcome! We like pictures! And you'll find many "BAR's" (like me) around here! (BAR- Born Again Rockeyeer!)

Wow! I kinda had the impression that living payloads were verboten, though I never asked. So bugs, snails, uh.. that sort?
And to our new member, welcome! We like pictures! And you'll find many "BAR's" (like me) around here! (BAR- Born Again Rockeyeer!)
Estes used to advertise a few of their clear payloaders as grasshopper carriers. I know a few high-power guys were flying sea monkey shrimp in the early 2000s.

I still think there’s less mess, more fun, and more to learn in an egg flight, but last I checked it is allowed under the NAR high-power code and Tripoli’s Unified Safety Code.

The Foxmitter Telemetry had a mouse being checked for heart rate on sensors in the early 70s magazine.

Edit: then that got banned

Back