Greetings from the great city of Hemlock N.Y.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm 66 and started a little younger than you, so our youthful "careers" may have overlapped a little! I just got back in two Januaries ago (2020). Having fun with the grandkids a lot! And I find I am a much more patient (and exacting) builder. There's a ton of talent that way around here, as far as you want to take it.

Have you started building yet? Best to you! Let's see some pics when you're ready!

I looked up Hemlock and realized (for what it's worth) that I had been up that way years ago as a new hire with my boss; there is, or was, a little power station there (Glenville, actually) where we had to run a test. Pretty area! Looks like, with some cooperation from local farmers, you should have some nice places to launch!

You are welcome to the party, there are lots of helpful folks around here. I enjoy cruising thru post gathering building ideas. The different personalities and backgrounds posters have are amazing. Sorta like a good sit-com, as you learn the characters, it gets way more interesting! :D

Welcome aboard Airborne. This is DeWain up in Rochester. In case you haven't heard of our local NAR chapter, MARS, check it out here:
https://marsclub.org/MARS launches at the historic air museum over in Geneseo.
A lot of folks in the club are more focused on high power rocketry, but there is also interest in classic low power rocketry. I mainly focus on classics. A big part of the fun for me is the nostalgia of my old hobby. It always brings me back when I sand balsa or glue on paper wound centering rings.

Welcome back to rocketry..
I think rocketry is perfect..
A bit of building then wonderful days out at the field..
I'll second Paul,
check out the field in Potter with the club URRG..
I don't know which you're closer to though, Geneseo or Potter..
Doesn't really matter,, whichever field you go to you'll make friends and have a wonderful time..

Teddy

Welcome back to rocketry..
I think rocketry is perfect..
A bit of building then wonderful days out at the field..
I'll second Paul,
check out the field in Potter with the club URRG..
I don't know which you're closer to though, Geneseo or Potter..
Doesn't really matter,, whichever field you go to you'll make friends and have a wonderful time..

Teddy
Thanks

Back