Green Monkey Aerospace?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gburke568

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Ok folks, I was gifted this kit at a launch this past weekend. I was told it was a Green Monkey Aerospace "pre-production kit." It has 3d printed fin can, nose cone and centering rings and looks like it's 29mm, but that's all I know about it.. It is also sized to use a usps postal mailing tube.
Do any of you have any other information about this kit?

Attachments

• received_627854869254860.jpeg
    received_627854869254860.jpeg
    245.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230521_214002.jpg
    20230521_214002.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Hmm. I did not know the were still around. I was pretty sure that company was pre-3d printers.

Hmm. I did not know the were still around. I was pretty sure that company was pre-3d printers.
I was thinking the same thing...weren't they primarily doing motor cases back in the late '90s? I don't know...everything blends together over time...

Yes, some years ago Neal Kinney made 13 and 18 mm reloadable motors for research flights. I had a set of 18mm motors that were roughly C, D, E, and baby F. I'd heard that he did some 24mm motors but haven't ever seen them myself. Quality was quite nice, anodized and labeled.

They were, they even had an old, now dead website.

Re read my response. I did nto say they did not have a website. I said not all vendors have a website.

I still would be shocked if this rocket kit is that old. 3d printers were very rare back then.

Re read my response. I did nto say they did not have a website. I said not all vendors have a website.

I still would be shocked if this rocket kit is that old. 3d printers were very rare back then.
2016 is when he started kits. Not that rare for hobby 3D printers at that time.

In the late 1990's, I would email CAD files to a 3D printing services and get the prototypes Fedex'd the next day. Wasn't cheap, but much faster and cheaper than having a mold made. They were early versions of this product I helped develop.

I remember in the early 2000s getting a replacement part made for the military was outrageously expensive. I could not imagine the 90s.

Last edited:
Neil was selling these kits at LDRS 38. I think I bought the last kit he had there. He gave me a lot of extra parts. If Nadine shows up at your launch shooting photos, it’s a good bet that Neil will be there.

There are plenty of small vendors not on the NET.
Ok,
First thing I am 6'3" 300lbs. You calling me small is just an attempt at flattery. Thank you. Please use "SmallVendor10" for 10% off.
Next I'm still around, making motor hardware, electronics, and kits. My business strategy is based on sacristy. If a product is hard to find and you still look... I am sure this plan will payoff big time any day now. The real story is I make what I make when its gone well it's gone.
however somethings are coming. One of them is so sweet you could put whipped cream on it. Get it whipped cream that's a hint. RPi Pico for now. If you want to know more just ask. I will check back soon...
-Big Green Monkey.

Latest posts

Back