going for my L1 tomorrow

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sack

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help folks. Tomorrow I hope to pass my L1 cert with my 4" BSD Horizon.

The cool thing is regardless of passing or not, I've learned a lot and had a lot of fun with this build. :cool:

Based on motor availability, it will either be with an I200 or if I have to go 38mm it will be with likely an I405.

So either a 2,500 or 4,400 foot alt with apogee deployment. Oh, how I hope for a calm day :cool:

Originally posted by sack
Thanks for all the help folks. Tomorrow I hope to pass my L1 cert with my 4" BSD Horizon.

The cool thing is regardless of passing or not, I've learned a lot and had a lot of fun with this build. :cool:

Based on motor availability, it will either be with an I200 or if I have to go 38mm it will be with likely an I405.

So either a 2,500 or 4,400 foot alt with apogee deployment. Oh, how I hope for a calm day :cool:
Good luck!! Be carefull, and not brag to much on how strong it is if you go with the I405, it will bring you back a motor case and parachute if that !! :p

Better fly as many H and I motors as possible before Oct. 10 :rolleyes:

thanx, Ben

Good luck! Sounds like it's going to be a great flight! Can't wait to see picts.

Tim

Thanks.

I may not have much choice on the motor. I can only go with what's available.

My original goal was the I200 for a 2k+ flight, but we'll see.

Good luck. As you wrote, the important thing is that you learned stuff and had fun.

Jim

Good luck!

Love that 4" Horizon, built like a tank.

Here's a successful flight on an H128 for inspiration!

Umm...

Rock_it - I agree that 4400 is fairly high (though if it's calm and you have at least 3k in all directions, it is easily doable), but if the I405 hits that, then the 285 or 366 will definitely do at least as much as the 405, probably more.

I would say go for the 405 IF you have the space, as it is an awesome motor and a sight to behold, but otherwise, go with the H268 (practically as big as an I200, harder hitting, redline :D)

All went well and got my L1 today :cool:

We had a low ceiling this morning, so went with the loki H144. Great flight - up to about 2k (guestimate based on sim and comparing to others that used an alt). Deployment was a bit late - could have been 1.5 - 2.0 secs sooner, but came down only about 200' from the pad :D Lucked out as it stradled the irrigation/drainage ditch - 1/2 on one side and 1/2 on the other :D

Got a lot of help from Mark, Jeff Taylor (Loki guy), Bobby from Hangar11 etc. Thanks guys.

As an L1 gift, Jeff let me try out the not-yet-released H100 for the 2nd flight. Cool motor.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for the support. It's greatly appreciated.

I'm in no hurry for L2, but my alt did show up this week (Perfectflite MAWD) as based on my area I'm quite keen to learn dual deployment (small fields).

Originally posted by Fore Check
YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

*.......uuhhhh.......*

Pics? :confused:

No camera = no pics :(

My car was buglarized about a 1-1/2 mos back. They caught the kid (relocated family from New Orleans into my hood :rolleyes: ), but I haven't replaced it yet.

Congrats! The H144 is pretty cool. I've only flown 1 Loki motor so far and look forward to more in the future.

Back