Getting the liner out of forgotten reloadable casing

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grocket1234

Reaction score
Does anyone have any tips for cleaning a reloadable casing that was let to set too long? The liner is currently stuck in the casing. Shoulda cleaned it right after the launch, but now it is kindof caked on.

Thanks!

I will soak in it vinegar water solution, don't leave the hardware in it for a long period on time like days. Could try soaking in soapy water too, then use a wood dowel to push it out or peel it out if it's cardboard liner.

I usually don’t have time at the launch site to mess with taking apart the used motor and cleaning.

I have a large PVC tube with one cap sealed onto one end. Fill the tube with the cleaner of choice (I like Simple Green).

Take off motor enclosures then put parts and casing into the PVC tube. Put on other cap for PVC and let it all mix while driving home.

When I’m at home with the hose cleanup is a breeze!

Chuck C.

Don't do any of that. Reverse forward bulkhead, attach all thread at least twice as long as case. Get a second case, can be shorter, butt it against the other case with all thread at least 4 inches past end when both cases are butted together. Get a piece of wood or metal barstock drilled to fit all thread. Use nut and fender washers on all thread to the block and just crank down on the nut. Draw the liner into the second case. You can probably remove the liner after it starts moving. Trust me, this is the easiest liner removal tool known to man!

I would use a heated vibratory tank. I have a long 9L one for gun parts that I use for a number of things. Heat, high frequency vibration, and the proper solution can work miracles.

Back