Generic E2X (maybe Wizards - we’ll see) bulk pack on sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the older box style with a production date of 18 Dec 2020:

View attachment 508229 View attachment 508230
Thanks.

I think it's interesting that we've not yet seen any Generic E2Xs in the new style box — the one that the mismarked Wizards and now Alpha IIIs are in. I just have a morbid bit of curiosity about whether the Generic E2X's barcode is on those boxes since it is on the others... :D

Estes Customer Service's response to my notes was pretty pro-forma (unfortunately), saying that they'd send the info "up to the marketing and art departments".

Bonus. The included stickers are the Ukrainian colors of blue and yellow. My Puck Futin Version 2 will be done shortly and these will be perfect!

Attachments

• 7CF3C6F0-C4B0-4FC5-A29E-8C05D8BD5B84.jpeg
    7CF3C6F0-C4B0-4FC5-A29E-8C05D8BD5B84.jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 7
Indeed. Assembled Saturday from the WalMart box I got, and flown eight times on Sunday.C72A81EB-80AB-46C1-8146-F888CED6DF9B.jpeg

I love how this thing boosts straight with no roll.

Are there any sim files for the E2X? I'd like to know what to expect. I plan on giving away B4-4 motors, but wonder what a D20 would do (and what delay is needed).

I don’t know of any sim files, but I flew the model in the picture just above your post on 1/2A6-2, A8-3, B6-4, C6-5 and C12-6 on Sunday. In each case the actual motors' delays were slightly short of the advertised value (even the Q-Jet) and in each case the delays were a touch short, but not significantly. I have data on all the flights save one via a FlightSketch Mini carried aboard.

https://flightsketch.com/flights/3378/ B6-4
https://flightsketch.com/flights/3379/ A8-3
https://flightsketch.com/flights/3381/ C6-5 (recent vintage)
https://flightsketch.com/flights/3383/ 1/2A6-2
https://flightsketch.com/flights/3384/ C12-6FJ
https://flightsketch.com/flights/3386/ C6-5 (but from 1989)

I want to go back up to Sixty Acres and try A8-5 (probably too long), B6-6 (probably a little too long), C6-7 (might be about right) and maybe C12-8 (though it will likely be too much). Based on these data I would use -6s on both D16 and D20, and expect it to be a little short to right on for D16 and probably right on for D20. The thing about the Q-Jet Ds, and the D20 more than the D16 is that they waste their additional total impulse in greater drag. In flying a number of models about this size with altimeters on Q-Jet Cs and Ds, I always see a lower apogee on C18/D20 flights than the very same model with a C12 or D16, and only a small incremental increased altitude from D16 vs. C12, again because drag goes up with the square of velocity, so that extra ~3.5 Ns that you get going to the D is mostly spent in higher drag from higher velocity.

Last edited:
I'm generally skeptical of those sims, but I pulled that one into OpenRocket 15.03 and except for underestimating the performance on a C12 the results are remarkably good.

added: It looks like I need to update the motor database in my copy of OR. It doesn't have D20s, and is only suggesting that D16 will get to about where I actually got with C12 last Sunday.

Of course my copy of Rocksim on this machine decided it wasn't registered....so I had to go to plan B.

My order got hung up in Texas for two days. No reason given. *Should* be here Friday. I've got to rip the box open and start slingin' glue when it shows up, if I'm going to have anything built by Saturday (launch was moved up due to weather).

Ordered on impulse this morning when I saw free same day Prime shipping. Received this evening. They are the Generic E2X.

Now to decide what to do with them all.

Want to trade for some Alpha 3's? I think for give-aways that I'd like to have a mix. I built one of the Alphas just to see how hard they are. Looking at the instructions for the E2Xs, they are very similar, the biggest difference is that the Alpha uses a screw eye in the nosecone, the E2X uses a moulded loop in the nc.

Want to trade for some Alpha 3's? I think for give-aways that I'd like to have a mix. I built one of the Alphas just to see how hard they are. Looking at the instructions for the E2Xs, they are very similar, the biggest difference is that the Alpha uses a screw eye in the nosecone, the E2X uses a moulded loop in the nc.
I don't need a trade (for I prefer the stouter fins and - when contemplating a giveaway rocket - the "color it yourself" aspect of the E2X), but I'd be happy to give you a few E2X. Problem is getting them to you. I can't see a way to ship anything for less than $10 these days, and that seems kind of absurd to mail a few ≈$3.75 rockets. Do you ever get down to Tripoli North Texas launches?

I don't need a trade (for I prefer the stouter fins and - when contemplating a giveaway rocket - the "color it yourself" aspect of the E2X), but I'd be happy to give you a few E2X. Problem is getting them to you. I can't see a way to ship anything for less than $10 these days, and that seems kind of absurd to mail a few ≈$3.75 rockets. Do you ever get down to Tripoli North Texas launches?

We should be going to the Seymour launch at the end of the month. The "blank canvas" nature of the E2X is what makes them attractive to me, too, for give-aways.

We should be going to the Seymour launch at the end of the month. The "blank canvas" nature of the E2X is what makes them attractive to me, too, for give-aways.
Perfect, I'll be there so long as the weather looks good. Will bring you a few. Four good?

Yes, that was something that struck me also. Have already given one to a friend's daughter, ad I expect she'll appreciate being able to decorate it as she likes.

Perfect, I'll be there so long as the weather looks good. Will bring you a few. Four good?

Yes, that was something that struck me also. Have already given one to a friend's daughter, ad I expect she'll appreciate being able to decorate it as she likes.

I don't know if we're going, now. The college teams want more practice for the Argonia Cup, and it would be the same weekend. Although that would only be one day, John (the guy I get a ride with), doesn't think he's up to the long drive on two days (it's about 200 miles each way to both Sayre and Seymour). I'm not in any hurry. Maybe I can make it down to a DARS or TNT launch later in the year..

I don't know if we're going, now. The college teams want more practice for the Argonia Cup, and it would be the same weekend. Although that would only be one day, John (the guy I get a ride with), doesn't think he's up to the long drive on two days (it's about 200 miles each way to both Sayre and Seymour). I'm not in any hurry. Maybe I can make it down to a DARS or TNT launch later in the year..
If all else fails, I'll be at Airfest.

I plan on going, too. Don't know how many will be left by then. 😊
Oh, I'll hang onto a few for you. I've given away one already, will likely give a few more away and use a few for experiments, but twelve is a lot of rockets to go through. :cool:

And in truth, I bought these forgetting I'd already evaluated and rejected the E2X as a test rocket due to it being too hard to fit a larger motor. I like the Quest 35mm parts since 24mm and 29mm motors are easy to fit, though I'm disconcerted to see that individual parts are no longer listed on the new Quest website.

E2x fin section ised as a fin guide for a build. Im fine with centering fins but this helped make them a little straighter. Yes, I know you can buy a fin guide.

Attachments

• 286D34E2-1095-4E13-965F-ECBE1859AF0B.jpeg
    286D34E2-1095-4E13-965F-ECBE1859AF0B.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 14
I'll be leading the build of this bulk pack for my son's Webelos den this Saturday. And then we'll fly them the following week.

This will be my first time leading a group build. We have a little less than an hour, so I've prepped some steps. Wish me luck! These kids can smell fear. 😬

I'll be leading the build of this bulk pack for my son's Webelos den this Saturday. And then we'll fly them the following week.

This will be my first time leading a group build. We have a little less than an hour, so I've prepped some steps. Wish me luck! These kids can smell fear. 😬

:awesome:

Back