G71R

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aksrockets

Now with 8% more aluminum
Reaction score
Does anyone know when thr G71 for the 29/40-120 case will go back into production? That was an awesome motor.

If you need some now call Ken at Performance Hobbies. I traded at least 8 this weekend for other items. I never had any of the ones I had blow.

If you do get your hands on some, I would highly recommend replacing the delay grains. G71's are prone to very short delays.

If you do get your hands on some, I would highly recommend replacing the delay grains. G71's are prone to very short delays.
Yes - the delay issue is exactly why AeroTech pulled the G71 from the market and is not currently selling it. At the time, AT said that they needed to study the issue and would reintroduce the motor once they had come up with a fix. One should expect that NAR S&T will rigorously test it once AeroTech is ready to begin selling the corrected motor. The motor won't be brought back until the delay issue is corrected, so there will not be any need to replace the reformulated and presumably more reliable delay grains once it is made available again.

Yes - the delay issue is exactly why AeroTech pulled the G71 from the market and is not currently selling it. At the time, AT said that they needed to study the issue and would reintroduce the motor once they had come up with a fix. One should expect that NAR S&T will rigorously test it once AeroTech is ready to begin selling the corrected motor. The motor won't be brought back until the delay issue is corrected, so there will not be any need to replace the reformulated and presumably more reliable delay grains once it is made available again.

While this is correct, Doug commented because an earlier post pointed to a source of the old motors.

I flew a lot of these and never had a problem, however, once I heard about the issues I flew my remaining stock in my Hat of Death. No reason to tempt fate :wink:

Back