Question on AeroTech's reload adapter system:

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sebbst

Reaction score
Does the 29mm reload adapter system work on the smaller cases? Obviously it wouldn't work on the hobbyline 40-120 case but according to Apogee Components' website, it only works on the 180, 240, and 360 cases. Is this a "Milligan Moment" or are the smaller motors just not compatible for some reason?

1684077259258.png

so I would be able to put two spacers in the 180 case and use a 60 newton-second motor?

so I would be able to put two spacers in the 180 case and use a 60 newton-second motor?
Maybe....but it would be a Research motor as the configuration is not certified. A 29/180 case may only use 1 spacer (certified config) which allows motors that normally fit the 29/120 case to be used in the 180 case. The 29/100 case iirc is an oddball length and only reloads made for it can be used.

The cases are stepped by 60 Ns because that is the amount of one grain. The 100 case is an odd ball and falls between one and two grains. The 360 is a two grain step above the 240 case. The spacers have to work with whole grains, so a spacer won't work with a 100 case reload. Not sure why the one spacer won't work in a 120 case for a 60 case reload, other then it's not certified that way, and it makes for a very heavy motor for only 60 Ns

The table looks incorrect to me. I think the 1 spacer for the 360 case should be DOES NOT WORK and the 2 spacer should be a 29/240 case ONLY WITH EXTENDED SPACER.

Back