Full Scale 100 lb Bomb

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have monthly launches in a small park and occasionally people drive by, see us, and call the police. I can imagine them showing up and something like that is visible.
Our local lead story tonight is going national! Crazed rocketeers launch high powered, tactical military bomb! Disaster narrowly averted by quick ATF response.. Metroplex News: Fast, Fair, Accurate. More details at Nine! :)

I'd like to fly it Saturday but I'm on the fence. The motor/electronics pod is 4" x 10" long with a 54 mm hole in it and I planned on flying it on 3 grain J's which is not yet finished. I was thinking about using the pod from my Fat Man which is 4" x 5" long and use a 4" x 5" long filler tube at the top. It has a 38 mm hole and would get about 300' with an H-550. Not much error at only 300' using a timer to get the chute out.

20240306_125411.jpg

Last edited:
Have the patience of the Jedi. No need to under power and end up with core sample unless you are going for extra scale points. :)

Feel the power of the oddroc. Let it breathe on the big motor!
I definitely don't want those type of scale points, lol.

Looks like I'll build the 54mm pod and wait till April's launch to fly it. I still have a 10" diameter Goony Mosquito that hasn't flown.

mq1.jpg

I'm looking forward to a fun 2024 launch season.

Last edited:
Finished painting and stenciling and it would be hard to tell from the real deal.

Pictures removed in order to save electrons. We only have 10^81 of them left. -LR64 (or was it 63, I forget)
The PVC frame really gives it away. Steel pipe would be better. Or maybe just grey paint with grime to make it look like steel. Other than that, it's pretty convincing, but PVC is about as stiff and strong as dried bubble gum.

The PVC frame really gives it away. Steel pipe would be better. Or maybe just grey paint with grime to make it look like steel. Other than that, it's pretty convincing, but PVC is about as stiff and strong as dried bubble gum.

Put a couple of 50 lb dumbbells on it and it out performed dried bubble gum, lol.

weight.jpg

The stand aside, it should look very cool coming down.

REALLY? Too real, that was the idea, lol.

No "BOOM" chute. It's coming down on a Rocketman "Proud American" chute.
picture deleted. save the electrons! There are only 10^81 left.

Clearly, you need 2 chutes. Or one with a red white and blue BOOM.

Back