FSI Extravaganza at LDRS 40

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I'd share some more follow up. I flew thirteen F100's at LDRS. Out of those, eleven worked nominally and two split casings. Chuck and I did two Mach 1/Dart attempts: the first worked great but the second failed to light the sustainer. I got the sustainer back intact and will whip up another F100 booster and try again another day. I'd really love to get all three Dart stacks up in the air and compare altimeter data from all three. Based on the results from the first good two stage flight, I think it's safe to surmise that Mach 1 is possible under optimal conditions. No sonic boom was reported, however. 😆

My F100/F7 two stager flew Friday morning. The F100-0 booster worked fine but the F7 didn't light. I never got the chance to attempt the three stager.

Here are some mediocre pics and video of my Enerjet 2650 clone. F100-8's worked great and delay was right on.

View attachment 523625

View attachment 523626

Getting ready for some more FSI fun at Rocstock this weekend...details to come.
Will they be allowed?

Also, I wrapped some fiberglass motor tubes/airframes for FSI minimum diameter projects. Let me know if you want any. I won't have anything ready for this weekend, but I'm still down to do the aforementioned drag race at April Rocstock.

Will they be allowed?
Yes, why wouldn't they? They all have the CSFM stamp. And thanks for the tubing offer but I'll have to pass. I've got way too much rocket crap as it is.

20231106_201311.jpg

I attempted another Mach 1-Dart two stage flight at Rocstock this past weekend. Kaboom.

RIP to this one. I've got a few more F100-0's in my stash but only one more more sustainer D20-12 left. I'll put another Dart together and try one more time in 2025.

20240412_094753.jpg
20240412_094805.jpg
20240412_095202(1).jpg

Back