font savvy ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobby_hamill

Reaction score
I have been looking for a font where the upper and lower case fonts are identical the only difference is the height.

Example the lower case "A" looks the same as the upper case "A" it is just the lower case height difference

Any font suggestions ?

Thanks

Bobby

What I was doing was recreating the instruction sheet that is glued to the inside of a model 222
Western Railroad Supply Company Railroad Crossing Gate Bell.

I think your result turned out great! Just as an aside, that style of font is referred to as 'small caps' You can apply it to nearly any font and it will give you the result that you see in the logo.

BTW, I think the following font is a better match for the larger sans serif font in the sign:

https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Poppins

The C, J, and G are much better matches to the original than the font used. Not a big deal, but if you want to get as close to the original as possible, I think it's worth a look.

Tony

Here's a sample of Poppins compared to the original: (the font used in the reproduction has a J with a descender, and the counters of the C are more rectangular than in the original font)

instructions.png

Back