Flying in Pennsylvania

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skaffgeorge04

Reaction score
Are there any members here from the Northeastern Pennsylvania area, specifically the Wilkes-Barre / Scranton area?Seems as if rocketry here has been non existent for many years now.I haven't heard of anyone flying here for many years now.I'm sixty years old and I've been flying since I was eight in 1969, but I've been away from it for almost thirty years now.I've been considering getting back into it lately and I would like to touch base with other fliers in the area if there are any.One of the reasons i stopped was that there's just no place to fly around here with anything higher than A or B motors and even then it can be an adventure getting them back, and considering it's Pennsylvania there's so many trees it's almost impossible to steer them away.I would go somewhere else if i could but i don't have a car so getting around is difficult.I would appreciate it if someone from the area would get in touch with me because there's I lot I need to know.Hope to hear from someone soon.

Are there any members here from the Northeastern Pennsylvania area, specifically the Wilkes-Barre / Scranton area?

https://www.radrocketeers.org/content/
https://metrarocketclub.org/
I would go somewhere else if i could but i don't have a car so getting around is difficult.

Wait, you live in the boonies, and don't have a car? I though that was impractical, if not illegal.
Getting around to a rocket launch site has got to be the least of your challenges!

I live in a town called Pittston, just a few miles north of Wilkes Barre.It's always been a little difficult to find adequate flying space around here, especially in this particular area.I used to have a decent spot that I used for many years but that spot is no longer available.Like I mentioned before, it's been almost thirty years since I flew anything, I've put so many rockets in trees around here I lost count a long time ago.It would be nice to talk to talk shop with other fliers again after such a long time.Thanks for putting me in touch, I really appreciate it.If anyone wants to get in touch with me directly, my e-mail address is [email protected]. Once again, thanks for the information.

Are there any members here from the Northeastern Pennsylvania area, specifically the Wilkes-Barre / Scranton area?Seems as if rocketry here has been non existent for many years now.I haven't heard of anyone flying here for many years now.I'm sixty years old and I've been flying since I was eight in 1969, but I've been away from it for almost thirty years now.I've been considering getting back into it lately and I would like to touch base with other fliers in the area if there are any.One of the reasons i stopped was that there's just no place to fly around here with anything higher than A or B motors and even then it can be an adventure getting them back, and considering it's Pennsylvania there's so many trees it's almost impossible to steer them away.I would go somewhere else if i could but i don't have a car so getting around is difficult.I would appreciate it if someone from the area would get in touch with me because there's I lot I need to know.Hope to hear from someone soon.
I am from nepa aswell. You know where Nicholson is? We are just outside of there. Glad to know we have some fellow rocketeers nearby haha.

William

I am from nepa aswell. You know where Nicholson is? We are just outside of there. Glad to know we have some fellow rocketeers nearby haha.

William
Hey William,I've been trying to get in touch with you.I was trying to find you up at URRF but didn't.I probably walked right past you without even knowing it.What I want to know is how are you fixed for flying space up there? As you probably know there's nothing left around here, and I can't afford to be traveling up to New York every other weekend.Can you help a guy out?I'm strictly a low power guy, if that makes any difference.I fyp could give me directions to get there I could find my way there.

Hey William,I've been trying to get in touch with you.I was trying to find you up at URRF but didn't.I probably walked right past you without even knowing it.What I want to know is how are you fixed for flying space up there? As you probably know there's nothing left around here, and I can't afford to be traveling up to New York every other weekend.Can you help a guy out?I'm strictly a low power guy, if that makes any difference.I fyp could give me directions to get there I could find my way there.
No worries! I might’ve done the same thing.

We typically attend every monthly launch
(only Saturdays for the most part) weather dependent of course. I fly low thru high power. I’d love to help you out, just not sure how it would work out.

Do you have another ride possibly? I could
give you directions without a doubt. Shoot me a PM and we can discuss it from there.

Welli might have but I'm not quite sure yet, there's some one I've been talking with about it who isn't currently a flyer but who is very interested in learning more.I tried to send a PM but when I tapped on your profile it said only certain members can access your profile.What do I do about that?

Welli might have but I'm not quite sure yet, there's some one I've been talking with about it who isn't currently a flyer but who is very interested in learning more.I tried to send a PM but when I tapped on your profile it said only certain members can access your profile.What do I do about that?
Got it. I’ll PM you now

Back