Fly Me!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More thingy's on the middle do-hicky.

Expand picture to get a good look at what's going on.

Sparrow 393.jpg

Last edited:
That`s always a good look ,and you do it very very well indeed !

Take care

Paul T

If you like the thingys on the do-hickys, your gonna really like when the do-dads go on the whatchyamacallits.

This ain't no baby bertha build.

Expand photo for a good inspection.

If you look closely at the top of the center fin, you can see the reflection of the do-dads in the primer.

Pretty cool. And very smooth without any fillets.

Sparrow 400.jpg

Last edited:
This ain't no baby bertha build.

Expand photo for a good inspection.

If you look closely at the top of the center fin, you can see the reflection of the do-dads in the primer.

Pretty cool. And very smooth without any fillets.

Don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back there. You might not be able to do such fine work on next year's build thread.

Don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back there. You might not be able to do such fine work on next year's build thread.

Your concern for my well being is touching. Here I was thinking you didn't care for me. You will aways occupy a special place in my thoughts too.

And, I'm going to add, your observation about the craftsmenship being fine is absolutly correct.

How do you manage to drag out a build thread of an LPR rocket to 734 posts and 19 pages?

Jus' wondering...

Press on. No one is making anyone, anywhere, read this. I've learned a lot and gotten some good ideas. And your craftsmanship in other threads as well as this one (like the TRF rocket) is superb.

Pro tip: You can, if you wish, unsubscribe from updates to any thread in your control panel under "Settings" (top of this page).

How do you manage to drag out a build thread of an LPR rocket to 734 posts and 19 pages?

Jus' wondering...
This, coming from a guy with almost 2,000 posts in less than eight months—is funny!

I think we should start a poll... Most boring thread....
And yet, here you are.

Press on. No one is making anyone, anywhere, read this. I've learned a lot and gotten some good ideas. And your craftsmanship in other threads as well as this one (like the TRF rocket) is superb.

Pro tip: You can, if you wish, unsubscribe from updates to any thread in your control panel under "Settings" (top of this page).
There it is. A rational, reasonable, spot-on comment. +1

I find them educational and entertaining. But, I'm not everybody. I also like British humor.

Last edited:

But let's be honest here, the thread IS on super slow speed and taking forever. Why drag it out like this?

There's no question that bradycros does EXCELLENT work. I've never once said differently. The main reason I ever look in this thread is to see how the build is going and to watch a master builder at work, and maybe gain a tip or two that I can use someday. The only reason I ever roll my eyes at this thread is because of how slow he posts pictures and updates. My guess is, both previous statements are true for most people.

But as you say, there's nothing MAKING anyone click on the link to come into the thread. The nice work makes us want to, the super slow speed makes it irritating to. So again, why drag it out like this?

I know the answer is going to be "because I can" which really doesn't answer the question and leaves us to make our own assumptions on why such a skilled builder of rockets would only update a build thread with one picture a day for a year.

Here's a stretch look'n veiw of the beveled fins, rail shoes, hatch, do-hickys, whatchamacallits, do-dads, thingys and the nose cone all shown together.

Final paint is next. Hope'n for some good weather soon.

Sparrow 398.jpg

The extra touches bring some personallity to an otherwise plain Jane rocket.

"The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity."
—Dorothy Parker

Which is why you still visit the thread.

Ya, you're probably right. So we can change the poll to Most Curious (as in weird) Thread.

"When the going gets weird, the weird go pro."
-Hunter S. Thompson

I know this to be true.

Ask Dixson. He's boreish and needs somthing to do with his time besides bitching.

Uh, let's see... Since you started this thread I have, among other things...

Personal side:
1) Bought, gutted and remodeled a rental home.
2) Rebuilt/restored and finished an antique dresser.
3) Wrote a business plan and designed/developed a vineyard for my property consulting experts in Napa/Sonoma.
4) Wrote and taught an entrepreneuring curriculum for jr/sr high school students.
5) Volunteered multiple weekends on local church rebuilds.
6) Completed body work / finish on my son's crashed Grand Cherokee.
7) Poured a foundation for, and installed a storage shed.
8) Built six new high power rockets; and numerous low power rockets.
9) Other things (can't recall right now)...

Lets see, on the professional side:
1) Did two M&A transactions for my clients.
2) From the above, created 8 new multi-millionaires.
3) Launched two new companies for clients.
4) Drove nearly $100M in product sales across multiple markets for client companies.
5) Launched one new product.
6) Secured funding for a start up.
7) Secured a publicist and wrote 1/3rd of my new book coming out mid-2013.
8) Many other things (but I'm done enumerating).

Me, bored. No. Not unless reading this thread. Actually no, not even reading this thread. Just frustrated to see such a time waster. You see, I don't waste time. I participate in this forum to take a break from my numerous other activities, learn from others and to give back where/when I can. I just get frustrated seeing this thread, not only in the time involved, but in the elusive answers to methods and techniques. You may be entertaining a precious few, but you are generally benefiting a even less, maybe with the exception of yourself in some form or fashion. Am I calling you out on this, yes. Will I likely get an infraction for doing so, yes. But someone has to say it.

Last edited:
That's a lengthy and well thought out piece of bitching. We're have'n some fun now!

Back