Fliskits - A.C.M.E. Spitfire (SP007) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like an idiot I was peeling off the adhesive rhinestones one at a time and gluing them on in a tortious, tedious, repetitive process, until I figured out I could measure out and cut an entire row of rhinestones and then wrap and glue them as an entire unit to the tube.

I know I'm no match for some of the mind blowing creations of the talented folks on here but just wanted to share, and thanks for the accolades!

I need to start mine. But I'm curious, can't seem to find them - are there blank "skins" for this, or should I trace the Mercury-Redstone skins from the site?

NM - I found them... I had already D/L'd them! :rolleyes: 🤪

Are googly eyes a fad now with the kids? Even Erockets is selling them.

Are googly eyes a fad now with the kids? Even Erockets is selling them.
I found the googly eyes while perusing around Hobby Lobby looking for ways to "steampunk up" my Acme Spitfire. I thought they'd be the perfect goofy addition for a goofy type rocket such as the Acme. BTW, I am way beyond being a kid (maybe not at heart.)

I found the googly eyes while perusing around Hobby Lobby looking for ways to "steampunk up" my Acme Spitfire. I thought they'd be the perfect goofy addition for a goofy type rocket such as the Acme. BTW, I am way beyond being a kid (maybe not at heart.)
It's very important to keep that "kid at heart" thing going!

I want to get mine going. I ordered an aeropac retainer and a Bt-70 nose block and coupler for helping out with the body tube cuts - figure I'll see which works best... the toughest part by far, especially against some of the beauties here, is the graphics theme. It screams Wile E. Coyote, but it's been done so well. But I can't quite convince myself to go with my second choice, Calvin and Hobbes.

for sure one of my favorite LPR kits of all time
lOuhQ2u.jpg

0mpfPiJ.jpg

KV9UrMY.jpg

aFqrIcG.jpg

A slight distraction if I may...
Over here on my build thread I show a couple of problems with my #4 Body Tube Section and the #5 "off-centering" ring not fitting up well; and the following post shows that my BT-50 body tube appears to be about 1/4" too long. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this, what they did, and if the #7 nose cone ring is supposed to just touch the top of Body Tube Section #4. Please, if you can help, reply in the thread so we don't clutter up this marvelous gallery. Thanks!

I'm replying in this thread only because I want to refer you to the pic from my post # 92 above and you'll see I had the same issue with the body tube being slightly too long, and you'll see the gap between the nose cone and the uppermost body tube. I also had some nose rings that didn't align properly with the tubes. I'm not the most talented builder, I just kind of do my best and deal with the outcome. For filling small gaps, I like to use Tamiya putty (basic type) available on Amazon for $8.65 a tube.

Back