Flightless in Wiltshire

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bilzin

Reaction score
Hello to all fellow rocketeers

I've now been building rockets (UK and USA) of various size, A - D, for only a few years but the only problem I have here in North Wiltshire is finding a club within "reasonable" travelling distance, the nearest one being 60 miles away (ok for the occasional visit I guess)
Having found a suitable open space and with permission I have been solo launching for a while and hope that there might be like minded flyers in the vicinity as solo flying is a tad boring and my cat Corky has no interest in rockets at all !

If anyone out there is up for a spot of launching, discussion or rag chewing then please do get in touch and we'll see what we can arrange

email [email protected] and let's burn some powder eh ?

Bill

Hello

Wiltshire is the microscopic (by US standards) county in South West England to which I returned shortly after your last presidential election in 2017 following six and a half years in Elgin Illinois 60123.

UKRA member 1066

Hello!

I'm not sure which is the club that is 60 miles away from you. The nearest club to Wiltshire which I can see on UKRA's map is Fins Over Gwent, which is just over the border in Wales.

Somewhat further away, once a year, is International Rocket Week. You'll need to travel all the way to Scotland to participate in that, but if you can manage it, it's well worth the effort! It's at the end of August.

Well hush ma mouf I was out by 6.8 miles for Fog .. Jogging distance for some..not me though!

Via M4 - 56 mins - 53.2 miles (show in km)

Back