First Launch with Son big sucess.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

follr

Reaction score
This afternoon my son and I went to the park and launched the farside from Estes. :D Bought the starter set since we just started and we really had no idea what to expect. Figured I would take the advice given out here on TRF about kids just wanting to get something in the air. Very True. My son is 9 and loved the roar of the little A8-3 motor. My daughter, 7, got in on the launching too and really liked it. Other kids a little distance away got to watch too... After we were done they were counting down too. It was fun.

Just wanted to say thanks to all on the forum. Read a lot from here that helped make it a very good first outing. Looking forward to more. Brought back some old memories from 5th grade when we built the Estes Alpha as school projects. :)

The kit we got from Wal-mart:
https://www.amazon.com/Estes-1495-Scouts-Flying-Rocker/dp/B001XIU7MO/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Also got two rockets on the way from Discount Rocketry. I like building them, son and daughter likes to launch them... This might work out....

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you had a great time, i have been flying with my son for just under a year (he's 5) and its great to have a hobby to share, and as a bonus he likes running after rockets that drift hundreds of meters from the pad.

Yes, this hobby can be great for the family--kids and grandkids mostly; but even have had my wife going with me to a few launches lately.

Welcome to TRF! My boys really enjoy flying rockets with me and I like the outlet of building (when I get the time). I hope you have a lot of fun and feel free to ask plenty of questions along the way. Of course, pictures are almost expected.:D

Congrats on a successful first launch with your kids :) Welcome to TRF and welcome back to rocketry (well, if you did it yourself as a kid, you're coming *back* to it, so... :) )

Keep us posted and we look forward to your participation here!

jim

Well I know what you mean. My son and I started flying rockets together when he was five. He left for College this past August, and did we have some fun! In fact I just went to a group launch and he asked if he could come home to go also. Unfortunately he is just a little to far away to just run and get him.

What fond memories we have.

Andrew From Texas

Congratulations on the first launch with your kids!!! This is a great hobby, no doubt about it.

Back