First HPR scratch build, Tank Girl

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, thank you for the compliments! I put the baffle plates about 3/8" apart. But I put mine in the top of the motor tube, not the coupler. I do put a baffle in the coupler of my zipperless designs, but I also put the half moons in the motor tube underneath it.

That's what I'm doing as this is my first zipperless design.Half moons in the motor tube also hmmmm.I'm going with a 29mm,but the motor tube is already in place and it's to far down to reach for the half moons.I'll try that in my next build using the same BTH70 tubes.Thanks again,cjp.

I have no painting skills. I was just lucky this time.
I hate when that happends! Just when things are going so well (farting sound) that krinkle look happends. I dont know weather it a reaction between two differant brands of paint or what. I feel for you Jim.

I hate when that happends! Just when things are going so well (farting sound) that krinkle look happends. I dont know weather it a reaction between two differant brands of paint or what. I feel for you Jim.

Sorry if I gave you the wrong impression. The wrinkles were on my Executioner from last year. I was just illustrating how my paint jobs usually go. I've been lucky with Tank Girl so far.

I put the epoxy fillet around the rear of the motor tube. And like I did on my Step It Up, I decided to epoxy a piece of coupler into the bottom of Tank Girl to strengthen it for hard landings.

134_motor_mount.jpg

133_coupler.jpg

135_coupler.jpg

136_coupler.jpg

I measured five times, and still missed the centering ring. Sheesh. I'll have to put some epoxy putty inside.

137_drill.jpg

138_drill.jpg

139_drill.jpg

Got the lower section masked, re-primered, and the fins painted.

145_masking.jpg

146_masking.jpg

147_primer.jpg

149_paint.jpg

Got the paint done. No major catastrophes, but I could have done better. It's a 50ft paint job, though, you won't see the mistakes once she's on the pad. I do have a little touch up to do, where the paint seeped under the masking tape.

150_paint.jpg

153_tank_girl.jpg

154_tank_girl.jpg

151_paint.jpg

Assuming it's worth the effort to you, spray a little of the olive drab onto a sheet of wax paper/foil/plastic wrap/etc to create a small pool and brush it over the imperfections. Should work just fine.

The colors are growing on me.

Assuming it's worth the effort to you, spray a little of the olive drab onto a sheet of wax paper/foil/plastic wrap/etc to create a small pool and brush it over the imperfections. Should work just fine.

The colors are growing on me.

Yeah, that's what I planned on doing. It's not very noticeable, but I know about it and it's bugging me. LOL

The colors are just now growing on you?

That`s a great looking rocket ,very "millitary" in styling (my favorites) and I do indeed like the color scheme you chose ,has that drone/test round look to it.........(I like that too)

Sweet !

Paul T

That`s a great looking rocket ,very "millitary" in styling (my favorites) and I do indeed like the color scheme you chose ,has that drone/test round look to it.........(I like that too)

Sweet !

Paul T

Why, thank you for the kind words! I'd have to say I'm very pleased with how she turned out. She'll look even better with the decals.

Why, thank you for the kind words! I'd have to say I'm very pleased with how she turned out. She'll look even better with the decals.

Now I know why I like it so much ,I just gazed over to my right and spotted my madCow Super DX-3.It`s pretty much painted in the same scheme and color combination :jaw:

How did that happen ?

You do indeed have good taste ;)

I look forward to seeing the decals.

Paul T

PS- My DX-3 loves to be flown on CTI 382 I 170 "classics"

Now I know why I like it so much ,I just gazed over to my right and spotted my madCow Super DX-3.It`s pretty much painted in the same scheme and color combination :jaw:
How did that happen ?
You do indeed have good taste ;)
I look forward to seeing the decals.
Paul T
PS- My DX-3 loves to be flown on CTI 382 I 170 "classics"

Great minds think alike! I'd love to see a photo of your DX-3.

That one's not bad, but I like mine better. She's holding a rocket. :wink:

Well if you like big rockets.....

tank-girl-2.jpg

tank girl ROCKS LOL

Oh and I hope thats not too out of line... sorry if it is.

You guys need to get out more. The paint fumes are getting to you. :)

Andrew

Are you going to paint or decal the shark's teeth and red bleeding heart on your rocket, too? That would be in keeping with the image. Oh, and the band-aid, too.

I thought about a bandaid, but hadn't thought about the teeth or heart. I don't know if I'm talented enough.

We need more rocket babes. the car guys have them, why don't we?

Andrew

Back