Finished the Grunt

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also wanted to add that I painted about a foot of the streamer red to aid in recovery.

Picture 1635 (Small).jpg

Home Depot has some YELLOW "Caution" streamer stuff thats costs $7.99
for 1000 ft. My Der Yellow Max looked crazy with 15ft streamer coming out of it.
That streamer is great for recovery, super easy to find. If anyone needs some yellow streamer, let me know!

Rocket_Man,

15 feet of yellow caution streamer? Cool! I've been debating streamer lengths on a Der Big Green Max... I did pretty well with an earlier one with a 4" x 32" streamer, but was thinking to go longer/skinnier.

Do you get much drift with a 15 foot streamer? I'm not sure what the rule of thumb equation is for streamer length/width/model weight/ wind speed etc..

I'd be interested to hear your experiences.

Marc

ah you know the story. anything past a 1 to 10 ratio is supposedly a waste of streamer. with the 4 inch by 15 ft streamer i used i thought it worked great. in 13 mph wind only had maybe 350 ft drift and that 15ft streamer showed up great in the wheatfield i was launching from. i just dont like the look or rate of descent streamers offer.

holy cow...I inspired someone with something I did? :eek::y:

Looks nice. I notice your location is Indiana...we'll have to get you to a club launch and drag race these puppies.

holy cow...I inspired someone with something I did? :eek::y:

Looks nice. I notice your location is Indiana...we'll have to get you to a club launch and drag race these puppies.

Yup, yours looks Awesome!
I live near Brookville in Franklin Co. are there any clubs close to there?

Thanks for all the complements!

Back