Finally! MMX Mosquito

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yoehahn

Reaction score
After about 25 Launches I got just about the perfect picture of my MMX mosquito lifting off. check it out! :pop: image.jpg image-1.jpg

Awesome shots! And you have been able to recover/find it 25+ times? Amazing!:roll: With me it's 'whoosh', where did it go?:flyingpig:

I build em heavy! :rolleyes:
And the camera was actually the front facing camera of my iPhone 4s. Very happy with the quality!

I build em heavy! :rolleyes:
And the camera was actually the front facing camera of my iPhone 4s. Very happy with the quality!
That's what I started using recently too. Works great. You probably have this, or something similar, but there's a nice app for getting video stills off the iPhone, called VideoPix.

Nice rocket and pics!

That's not a Mosquito, it's a Nosee'em!
Nice liftoff shots, BTW. How high did it go?

Awesome shots! And you have been able to recover/find it 25+ times? Amazing!:roll: With me it's 'whoosh', where did it go?:flyingpig:

I've lost a LOT of 18mm mosquitos. Maybe micromax is the way to go.

P.S. Nice shot!

Here is what I have come up with to launch my Mosquito with MMX engines. I have included the OR file to better show what I did.

Simply ran a length of the MMX body tube through a standard 13mm centering ring, with the usual MMX orange centering ring and yellow MMX engine mount inside. The MMX body tube is centered at front by the inside of the Mosquito nose cone.

Everything fits nicely and I may go ahead and glue it up and try it. Need to trim the original 1 inch long launch lug, but that is probably not going to cause any problems anyway. Might build another just for MMX power.

See ya,
Rod

View attachment MMX Mosquito .ork

Have to say the most fun flying I've had with Mosquito's has been since I fitted a couple with rear ejection 1-1/4" long
T2+ pods with Fliskit T2+ to Bt-5 Centering rings. epoxy imbedded 100lb kevlar shocklines in the Nosecone then added
1/2" x 12" mute colored Teflon Tape streamers to aid in recovery. both conversions get about the same altitude as a Mosquito on a 1/4A but are always recoverable and easy to spot on the way down.

Tower launching eliminates the need for launch lugs.

MM 294alp08a_Mosquito In Tower_06-16-07.JPG

MM 294alp08b_Mosquito After recovery_06-16-07.JPG

MM 294uc01-sm_2 Mosquito's rear streamer_03-30-04.jpg

Back