Feng Shui Upgrade for the Workshop

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OverTheTop

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Finally completed my rejig of the tool wall for my workshop. This is now more in line with what tools I use frequently. Less used tools have been relegated to a toolbox to remove clutter.
workshop.jpg

I like the idea of the magnetic strip to hold things like allen key sets. I think I need to get one of them for the side of the mill as well.

Next up is getting my spanners and sockets organised.

And look how many hammers he has! "If it's broke, hit it with a hammer. If that doesn't fix it, hit it with a bigger hammer. If it breaks, it needed replacing, anyway."

My wife would call the cops if she walked into my workshop and saw it looking like that. She would know someone broke into the house and cleaned and organized it!

Over 40 years my brand spanking new self-built workshop area has gradually morphed into something completely different...

3EF3AA6A-7FF6-4D69-8740-143DE4BF1A42.jpeg

Thanks guys. Over the past 25 years the frequency in which I use various tools has changed, so I revamped the layout to take that into account. There is also storage racks under that bench, and a parts washer on a pullout slide.

What you can't see is the electronic bench to the right, the rocket bench to the left, knee-mill and lathe and storage racks behind the camera and another storage room off to the side. Relatively well organised. This is really the workshop I planned when I was a teenager but didn't have the money, so it has taken me over 40 years to get to this!

I was looking at putting my spare 55" TV up on the wall there, but practically it won't get any use, so it can stay in storage for now.

I recently added another workbench in the garage, useful for when I am working on the car or bike.

What size rocket do you use that spanner wrench for?
The V2 is the largest I have worked on so far. No need for the spanner though. That 24" shifter doesn't get used very often but when it does it gets me out of trouble :). It really should have been up higher based on frequency of use but I couldn't bear to see it separated from its comrades.

Back