Fantastic new paint technique

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAllen

Reaction score
[YOUTUBE]MZIlNb4KIRk[/YOUTUBE]

Oh yeah baby...that's awesome. I hope he's got some sort of check valve on that thingy for when he inhales.

No masking, no noisy air compressor, no worries about having a long life, perfect!!
Wow... I have to admit, it's creative, but sending this link to OSHA and being a fly on the
wall when they open it and share it around would be priceless!!!!

R

My Father had model airplane mags from back in the 1940's and 50's . I remember an article showing the same thing.

Mark

looks great until you pass out and put your forehead into the job.
I will have to remember this if I ever have to paint my car during a power failure.

Kind of makes me wonder how good the paint job really is after it`s cures ,I mean just blowing into the paint puts an aweful lot of moisture into the mix !

Of course ,the dude prpbably doen`t care much about that anyway.

Paul T

Best laugh I've had all day!

I can't imagine he get's great atomization of the pain... I'm surprised it worked as well as it did for coverage.

I'm trained as a microbiologist... back in the day, we used to do "mouth pipetting" where we would use our mouth to pipette liquids... of course now this is considered poor technique (and people would routinely put their mouth on a pipette contaminated with something nasty)!

Marc

Actually I have seen that done by a professional back when I worked at a car dealership.

We would have this guy come in to repair vinyl roofs on used cars and he used a tiny airbrush that was "orally" powered to blend in the color after a repair.

Of course that was 30 years ago. He's probably dead now.

I've seen other cultures use that technique! I think one was sealing something like a boat hull.

Kind of makes me wonder how good the paint job really is after it`s cures ,I mean just blowing into the paint puts an aweful lot of moisture into the mix !

Of course ,the dude prpbably doen`t care much about that anyway.

Paul T

The trick is to take in a big mouthful of desiccant, you know the stuff that comes in little packets that say "DO NOT EAT" before you blow.

8 or 9 packets should do it.

That should keep the moisture down.

The trick is to take in a big mouthful of desiccant, you know the stuff that comes in little packets that say "DO NOT EAT" before you blow.

:rofl:

Best laugh I've had all day!

I can't imagine he get's great atomization of the pain... I'm surprised it worked as well as it did for coverage.

I'm trained as a microbiologist... back in the day, we used to do "mouth pipetting" where we would use our mouth to pipette liquids... of course now this is considered poor technique (and people would routinely put their mouth on a pipette contaminated with something nasty)!

Marc

I had ONE class in biochemistry in college I can think of exactly ZERO solutions I would want to mouth pipette - can't imagine how I'd feel if the solution contained living micro critters. Yeeeeesh.

ROFLOL

Just be careful when you search for this technique on the internet. :wink:

I was actually looking at that tool in a graphics forum a few days ago where they had historic graphic art products displayed.

It's available for kids too!
[video=youtube_share;Hd_PkV_vLzk]https://youtu.be/Hd_PkV_vLzk[/video]

I had ONE class in biochemistry in college I can think of exactly ZERO solutions I would want to mouth pipette - can't imagine how I'd feel if the solution contained living micro critters. Yeeeeesh.

I used to do it from time to time... although I'd like to think I was always careful enough not to do it with something nasty. Worst I ever got a mouthful of was Rhizobium (soil bacteria involved in nitrogen fixation in soybeans - basically harmless).

...my Gen Chem professor, on the other hand, knows what 1M Hydrochloric acid tastes like. In case anyone really wants to know... yes, it really DOES taste like 'burning' :p

He obviously started painting after 4:20 in the afternoon, so the cotton mouth keeps the spit out of the paint. One toke over the line, indeed.

Back