Excelsior Rocketry: New decals and upcoming announcements

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astronboy

Reaction score
Well, we have been quiet lately, here at Excelsior Rocketry, but that is because we have been very busy!

We have some new decals added to the website:

Centuri Space Shuttle

and

Der BLUE MAX... yes BLUE: The name has been changed to protect... well never mind. It is a RED MAX , but BLUE.

Both are under the Classic Waterslide decals section.

Upcoming decals:

Launch Pad AGM-88A HARM, thanks to Carl Tulanko's willingness to share his research . This decal set has been drawn, and is in final prep, along with a fact sheet. This one and a half page decal set will be printed with our now customary crisp details, and will even have with gold and silver metallic screw heads! Here is a link to Carl's model:

https://www.yellowjacketsystems.com/jimball/tulanko/tulanko-harm.htm

Next up will be another scale item: Decals to build a US/Canadian Bomarc. This wild looking scheme has both US Air Force 'stars and bars', as well as Canadian Flags!

Also in the works: Centuri Star Trooper, Nova and Fireflash Mini Kits, as well as the Sky Shriek Goonybird.

We now offer over 175 different decals sets, and plan on adding many more.....

Thanks to all for your support!
Phred

Oh yeah, I almost forgot... the research and basic decal design for the new Bomarc is courtesy of Bob Cox. Thanks Bob!!

Fred

Originally posted by astronboy
Oh yeah, I almost forgot... the research and basic decal design for the new Bomarc is courtesy of Bob Cox. Thanks Bob!!
You're welcome, Phred. I'm very pleased by the way the decals turned out.

Attached is a previously unpublished photo of my RCAF BOMARC. Note that the flags on the vertical stabilizer differ from each other. The port side contains the Canadian maple leaf flag, while the starboard side contains the Canadian Red Ensign flag. The decal sheet comes with two Maple Leaf flags and one Red Ensign.

bomarc.jpeg

BOMARC with Red Ensign flag

The decals that Phred referred to can be used to make either the Canadian-only RCAF version or the Canadian/American Hybrid.
bomar303.jpg

Hi folks,
Will a decal set be avaible where you can make the RCAF version or simply the hybrid? That is fascinating by the way. I have never seen a photo of a BOMARC with USAF and RCAF markings before. Thanks for putting it on there :)
Cheers
fred

The same decal set will work for either an RCAF version or the Canadian/American hybrid.

The attached photo shows the layout of the decal sheet. I designed the decals for the RCAF version but there was still some blank space available on the decal sheet so I added the USAF stars-and-bars. In the hybrid version stars-and-bars replace the RCAF logos on the fuselage in the hybrid version and a few other items are omitted.

Hi Bob,
Brilliant stuff. I will contact excelsior right away and i thsnk you.
Cheers
fred

Back