Estes Pro Series II Ventris Kit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice! Mine also had its first flight at NARAM, it was my first time using a reloadable motor. But mine didn't look nearly as nice as yours.

Hey everyone,
I'm new to this so bear with me if I ask anything stupid...
I'm looking into getting this or Estes' Argent as my first mid power rocket, but after reviewing the instructions online i am puzzled as to how the mount will (without any type of spacer as Estes uses in their D12/ E9 motors) be able to accept both F and G motors as it appears they are very different lengths. :confused2: I want to be able to start out with the smaller lower altitude motors but also be able to go all out with Gs.
If anyone can answer my question it would be greatly appreciated
Thanks!

The 29mm composite motors have a flange at the nozzle end, so they simply butt up against the motor mount tube. The screw-on retainer holds them in place so the ejection charge won't kick them out.

The soon-to-be-released Estes 29mm black powder "E" and "F" motors are like larger versions of the other Estes motors, so they would require an engine block in the motor mount tube, or wrapping some tape near the nozzle end to build up a motor retainer ring.

The Argent will happily take a small "H" motor if you don't install the engine block, so I would leave it out if you want to use it for your L1 cert rocket.

Hey everyone,
I'm new to this so bear with me if I ask anything stupid...
I'm looking into getting this or Estes' Argent as my first mid power rocket, but after reviewing the instructions online i am puzzled as to how the mount will (without any type of spacer as Estes uses in their D12/ E9 motors) be able to accept both F and G motors as it appears they are very different lengths. :confused2: I want to be able to start out with the smaller lower altitude motors but also be able to go all out with Gs.
If anyone can answer my question it would be greatly appreciated
Thanks!

If you use a reload casing, don't forget to factor in motor retention. You can add insert nuts, or, like I've done when out in the field, just drill a screw through the bottom centering ring with a washer to hold the casing in place.

Latest posts

Back