Estes Little Joe 1 on Amazon

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbocket

Reaction score
Good Morning
The other day I found that Amazon had Estes kit 7255 Little Joe 1 on sale for $17.99. I just got 2 of them today, they were in perfect condition. I just checked to see if Amazon had any more, They do but the price is now $14.99. My wife asked if I wanted any more!

Just thought I'd share the news
KBOCKET

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning
The other day I found that Amazon had Estes kit 7255 Little Joe 1 on sale for $17.99. I just got 2 of them today, they were in perfect condition. I just checked to see if Amazon had any more, They do but the price is now $14.99. My wife asked if I wanted any more!

Just thought I'd share the news
KBOCKET
Not a bad price, and Amazon Prime so free shipping. Was this discontinued on Estes? I see it on AC supply for $23.99.

Little Joe I on Amazon is being sold by Overstock Hobbies. Price is $14.99 but shipping is $5.25, so no free shipping with Amazon Prime. Still a pretty good deal. I bought this in April, 2023 along with a Goblin ($9.29 at the time) and the vendor combined shipping, so I paid $5.25 for shipping on both rockets. I’d buy another Little Joe I but Overstock doesn’t have anything else I want.

That's a great deal! Even cheaper than it was when it was in production.

The Amazon vendor, “Overstock Hobbies”, has a number of interesting Estes kits on sale. I would love to pick up 2 or 3 or 4. But how can I justify buying more kits when I already have so many kits (and scratch build parts) I have not used yet?

Sigh. So many rockets, so little time.

Little Joe I on Amazon is being sold by Overstock Hobbies. Price is $14.99 but shipping is $5.25, so no free shipping with Amazon Prime. Still a pretty good deal. I bought this in April, 2023 along with a Goblin ($9.29 at the time) and the vendor combined shipping, so I paid $5.25 for shipping on both rockets. I’d buy another Little Joe I but Overstock doesn’t have anything else I want.
This one looks interesting:

Estes 7244 Sundancer Flying Model Rocket Kit https://a.co/d/cwRbvbS

The vendor calls it the “Sundancer” but the other sites that sell it call it the “Indicator”. Only $7.29.

The vendor calls it the “Sundancer” but the other sites that sell it call it the “Indicator”. Only $7.29.

That would be an interesting project to gap-stage. Especially if you made it 24mm. That sustainer tube is long enough for an ebay.

That would be an interesting project to gap-stage. Especially if you made it 24mm. That sustainer tube is long enough for an ebay.
Yes, when I saw it I assumed it was a two-stager. But it is not. That’s a shame. Just a couple of extra parts and Estes could have sold it as “build it two ways - single stage or two stage”.

The first time I was looking, I saw somewhere that called it out as a 1.33-inch diameter, which led me to think BT-55 to BT-50. Lots of interesting possibilities. Looked at a few more sites, and it's actually BT-50 to BT-20. Not nearly as cool. Can't fit affordable tracking electronics in the upper stage. The only part I don't have sitting around in surplus (some generously so) is the transition, so that makes it a pass.

If I was going to build such a thing, I'd print a transition and use BT-20+ or BT-40 for the upper stage to fit an EF Mini. Then you could really send it with both stages MD.

Something's wrong there.

It says the Sundancer, which is # 2603, a RTF rocket. The description matches the RTF rocket, except for the catalog#.

Sundancer.jpeg

The pictures show an Indicator #7244 with balsa fins. Definitely not ready to fly in 10 minutes.

I wonder which one you'd actually get?

The Little Joe I, Estes 7255 has just dropped from $14.99 to $13.99. According to Keepa (an Amazon price tracker) this matches the lowest price it's ever been at on Amazon. They are also currently selling the Goblin Estes 7237 for $10.99, down from $11.99. Keepa says the lowest Amazon price for the Goblin was $8.53 for a few days in February 2023. The vendor is Overstock Hobbies and shipping is $5.25 but they will combine shipping, so shipping is $5.25 for your whole order.

Back