Estes Exo-Skell # 2163

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Back_at_it

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
This is my Exo-Skell. Did a complete rebuild to correct the common issues with this rocket. Stock there was very little room for the recovery gear and the recommended C6-3 motor gave very poor performance. Even a C5-3 isn't really enough to get this thing off the pad.

This one has been extended approx. 6 inches and a lower fin can has been created to allow use of Estes 24mm D and E motors.

Here is a link to the build thread. https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/estes-exo-skell-2163-restore-with-modifications.167696/

GOPR0302.JPG31.jpg

:cool: I inherited one from my golf partner. He was cleaning out his garage and found the Tupperware tub that they stored his sons rockets in and gave them to me instead of just throwing them away. I actually helped rescue the Exo-Skell from a tree at B6-4 Field almost 20 years ago, but it has seen some hard times since then. It's missing one of the landing legs, so I'm hoping to find a junked one so I can give it at least one flight.

Back