Estes - (Astron) Elliptic II (#2447) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The name implies that there was an Astron Elliptic "I" but I have not been able to find any refference to such a bird. Do you (or anyone) have any knowledge of such a rocket?

Here is mine, I flew it at Rocstock . I have to say, another great little flier from Estes....... DSC03821.jpg

Mine with a paint scheme reminiscent of the Vigilante that I built as a kid. The fin material seemed pretty light so I papered them first. Filled spirals with thinned elmer's wood filler, then primed with rustoleum 2x, finished with a single color coat of rustoleum 2x, masked and painted black. No clear coat to keep weight down... Finished dry weight 36g

AstronEllipticII.jpg AEBooster.jpg

Welcome to the Estes (Astron) Elliptic II (#2447) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Estes (Astron) Elliptic II (#2447) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Estes: (Astron) Elliptic II: #2447

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Estes (Astron) Elliptic II (#2447) Basic Information.

estes.gif
Estes Industries

MODEL NAME: (Astron) Ellitptic II Also known as:

NUMBER: #2447

Introduced: 2011
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport, 2 Stage
Motor Mount: 1x13mm/1x13mm
Recovery: Tumble/Streamer
Stages: 2
Length: 23.3 in. (59.2 cm)
Diameter: 0.74 in. (19 mm)
Span:
Weight: 1 oz. (28.3 g)

Mfg. Description: No significant text in 2011 Catalog

=====

A great new addition to our Mini Engine powered line of rockets and a 2-stage kit, no less!

With its classic elliptical shaped fins and graceful styling the 2-stage Astron Elliptic II features easy straight forward construction with out of site performance. Streamer and tumble recovery brings this awesome rocket back to earth. Mini Engine powered, the Astron Elliptic can reach heights of 925 feet! (Estes 2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

estes-elliptic%20ii%202447-2011%20cat.jpg
2011 Catalog

estes-elliptic%20ii%202447-2013%20web.jpg
2013 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

estes-elliptic%20ii%202447-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Here's mine. Built exclusively with Elmers Pro Carpenters Glue, painted with Tamiya TS series Pure White and Gloss Black, a bit of a modification on the paint job for fun (masked some black windows near the nose cone and extended the black fin out to one third of the lower tube). Rusto 2X clear coat, 8 flights so far on A10-0 - 1/2A3-4 combo.

The workhorse of my fleet, always a first launch to judge the wind.

buiid_post8.jpg

Last edited:
Mine arrived in a Plain Brown NON-Padded Envelope with crushed Body Tubes, and thus the Astron Elliptic One was born.

We had some good times together:

Then on one launch the Body Tube crumpled for no discernable reason, other than the fact that it had been slightly creased to begin with.
No big deal.

Back