Army/missile style rocket gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljwilley

I’m pretty sure it will work…
Reaction score
Post pictures of any missile scale or missile/army themed rockets you have in your fleet. Here are mine:
20240218_123800.jpg
Some are broken, retired, or still in use.

From left to right:

1. Estes Terra GLM (retired)
2. Estes Bullpup 12d (retired)
3. 2.6" 3d Printed V2 (broken and retired)
4. Estes Red Nova (still in use)
5. Estes Nike X (still in use)
6. Rocketarium Tank Buster 5 (broken but fixable)
7. Scratch Built tube launch missile (still in use)
8. Mini 3d printed Hawk missile (this one is broken, will probably make another.
9. Estes Mini Honest John (retired, broken)
10. Estes PS2 Doorknob Missile (in use)
11. Estes V2 (in use)
12. LOC 4" V2 (not flown yet)
13. Boyce Aerospace Maxi Pershing 1a (Not flown yet)
14. Scratch built "cannibalistic missile" (in use)
15. Dragon Rocketry 3" Upscale Laser Lance (in use)
16. North Coast Rocketry Lance Delta (in use)
17. PML Phobos, painted to look like a missile (not flown yet)

I plan to fly the LOC V2, Pershing, and Phobos this May.

TAFznRG.jpg

Aargh, I just took my trusty 25 year old Estes Bullpup to my storage unit! Hasn't been flown since the last time I was at Argonia, in 2002 or 2003, I think?

I did, however, recently manage to track down a TLP Hellfire and a Centuri Bulldog, which I plan to build at some point soon. The Hellfire doesn't even have a plan pack as far as I can tell. I may go ahead and scan those to let people clone their own here shortly.

2024-04-17 23.18.39.jpg

Recently found out that SBR did a Hellfire and man, I want to track that down. I love the look of the Hellfire.

WMD's! ( Weapons of Micro Destruction) By BnB Rockets
All are 13mm A-10 powered
hehe, I just ordered these, and yes, it was because of the Hellfire.

Aargh, I just took my trusty 25 year old Estes Bullpup to my storage unit! Hasn't been flown since the last time I was at Argonia, in 2002 or 2003, I think?

I did, however, recently manage to track down a TLP Hellfire and a Centuri Bulldog, which I plan to build at some point soon. The Hellfire doesn't even have a plan pack as far as I can tell. I may go ahead and scan those to let people clone their own here shortly.

View attachment 641173

Recently found out that SBR did a Hellfire and man, I want to track that down. I love the look of the Hellfire.

hehe, I just ordered these, and yes, it was because of the Hellfire.
I love the classic. The bulldog is awesome.

I love the classic. The bulldog is awesome.
I'm hoping to one day experiment with a bt-80 upscale using a 3d-printed nose cone. I think erockets stopped making them. Came across the parts for a BT-70 clone boxed up in my storage unit today, though, alongside two balsa nose cones for an estes exocet clone (I had one in my cart at Launch lab!! And someone got it!! one day I will find an original!).

Wow, it seems like most of my rockets have a missile and/or military looking...

Here are several of them:

Crazy hypersonic glider thing. Twin 13mm booster and glider. Has yet to fly, but it is ready to go...
1713488938483.png

Snark inspired scratch build, 13mm mount. Flies nice and straight with a very slow roll.
1713489225387.png

Estes Bullpup with lots of little surface details added and an AGM-83 Bulldog paint scheme.
1713489722862.png

LOC4" Nike X "scaled out" to look more like a Spartan missile...
1713490319283.png

Scale Skybolt missile. 13mm motors. Pretty much teleports on an A10!
1713490899264.png

LOC Forte with an added av-bay and a "surplus military missile becomes sounding rocket" paint job.
1713491263204.png

Four inch scratch-built with "surplus military missile becomes...", well, you know.
1713491438340.png

1.6" fiberglass Madcow Black Brant with a fin-job and a Navy target drone scheme.
1713491559217.png

Another crazy scratch-built glider. Flies great on a C6-3, haven't tried it with motors in the boosters yet...
1713491873419.png

Sprint missile.
1713491991768.png

Scratch Nike Ajax-ish thing.
1713492068097.png

Wow, it seems like most of my rockets have a missile and/or military looking...

Here are several of them:
Estes Bullpup with lots of little surface details added and an AGM-83 Bulldog paint scheme.
View attachment 641306

Ironically, the Estes transition makes a better Bulldog tailcone than it does Bullpup tailcone.

Crazy hypersonic glider thing. Twin 13mm booster and glider. Has yet to fly, but it is ready to go...

Snark inspired scratch build, 13mm mount. Flies nice and straight with a very slow roll.

Another crazy scratch-built glider. Flies great on a C6-3, haven't tried it with motors in the boosters yet...
I'm loving these in particular, the hypersonic crewed spaceplanes and that beaut of a Snark-y model, too cool.

Back