Estes Altimeter Batteries

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L1016F? if so, it readily available. Same as 11A, A11, E11A, GP-11A, GP11A, L1016, L1016F, C1.

Last edited:
Sorry, got to speak up. These are cheap Chinese knockoffs of the Altimeter One by Jolly Logic. I know, I talked to John about them. I was hoping he supplied these to Estes. Nope.

Sorry, got to speak up. These are cheap Chinese knockoffs of the Altimeter One by Jolly Logic. I know, I talked to John about them. I was hoping he supplied these to Estes. Nope.
Yes, they are. Further, no one at Estes or even the vendor they come from knows how it works (the engineer at the supplier is no longer there) so there are no possible fixes/updates for some of its quirks. The real thing from Jolly Logic is better and far better supported.

But that doesn't negate the desire to get a new battery for one on hand when needed. The Estes device does give reasonable data when it gives data at all (and with a couple of caveats about post-flight handling).

I like the item. The problem I have is 1/2 the time I get no altitude.
I love my JL Altimeter Ones!!! My only beef with them is there is no delay from selecting the launch menu item. So often I get like 54ft and nothing from the launch. I cat only surmise it is putting on, or seating, the nose cone. And yes I know that SHOULD be opposite. But it happens alot.

Don't cover your static ports while putting on the nose cone, and do it slowly. AltimeterOne (and the Estes device) both have no delay before they start watching for pressure changes. If you don't have static ports....well, you can guess what I'm going to say next.

Those battery numbers are two digit diameter in mm, and thickness in.1mm.
So,these are 10mm d and1.6 mm thick. voltage is the same 3v across all sizes, current scales with thickness within a dia, then increasing case dia. a2032 will last twice as long as a 2016. roughly. and it's 20mmx3.2mm

Back