EasyMini Unresponsive

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought an EasyMini a few months ago and had a great 4 flights on it. Flew it twice on my L2 cert flight and subsequent flight as a ride along to get flight data. Moved to another smaller rocket to practice dual deployment, flew it once on that rocket, it worked flawlessly. Put it back on my L2, flew dual deploy perfectly again. Left the altimeter installed on the sled for about a month (no battery plugged in for that time) and then when I tried turning it on again it was unresponsive.

It was mounted on the same nylon standoffs it flew on 3 times prior, was handled mildly (or at least with less punishment than a J motor), and stored inside in a A/C controlled room. I tired new batteries, tried hooking it up to the computer, and then also tried a LiPo. Not a chirp. I checked the same batteries on other altimeters (RRC2) and the batteries work fine. Unsure what to try next or if anyone has had similar issues.

I love the product but want to find out what I did wrong before buying another so it doesn’t meet the same fate.

Attachments

• IMG_4224.jpeg
    IMG_4224.jpeg
    364.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4223.jpeg
    IMG_4223.jpeg
    391.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4222.jpeg
    IMG_4222.jpeg
    443 KB · Views: 0
Also for all flights it was in an avbay so saw no ejection gases and I checked wiring from the EasyMini to confirm there were no shorts.

I bought an EasyMini a few months ago and had a great 4 flights on it. Flew it twice on my L2 cert flight and subsequent flight as a ride along to get flight data. Moved to another smaller rocket to practice dual deployment, flew it once on that rocket, it worked flawlessly. Put it back on my L2, flew dual deploy perfectly again. Left the altimeter installed on the sled for about a month (no battery plugged in for that time) and then when I tried turning it on again it was unresponsive.

It was mounted on the same nylon standoffs it flew on 3 times prior, was handled mildly (or at least with less punishment than a J motor), and stored inside in a A/C controlled room. I tired new batteries, tried hooking it up to the computer, and then also tried a LiPo. Not a chirp. I checked the same batteries on other altimeters (RRC2) and the batteries work fine. Unsure what to try next or if anyone has had similar issues.

I love the product but want to find out what I did wrong before buying another so it doesn’t meet the same fate.
I dont see a jumper wire for the switch. Do you have an external switch? how are you turning it on/off?

I had an external wire. One from positive and one from negative of the switch terminal. I twisted the wires together on the outside of the rocket then tape the twisted connection to the airframe. For bench work, I put one wire to connect + and - . No switches used in the setup.

You still have to have a switch on the bench. The switch loop has to be closed even if you put wires to the +/- terminals. Run a jumper wire between the two switch terminals then hook up your battery.

Back