Quantcast

Estes/aerotech G-motors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Andy Greene

Reaction score
Sooo its been forever and a day since I have had a chance to fly , and I have a chance next weekend. Looking for an inexpensive ( reasonable) source for a G40 OR G80 Estes/Aerotech motor -
Any suggestions ??
I do have a Cessi 20/140 case I have yet to use and am open to suggestions, would be flying these in my Argent .
I have flown it 8x or so on G40 and been very happy with them.

Andy

crossfire

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Where are you from? There maybe a motor dealer near you.

DavidMcCann

Reaction score
trouble is they both knock into hazmat. all CTI are hazmat. (but you do have a vendor so that's cool)

If you're looking for cheaper, grab an AT 29/40-120 case and order G reloads from wildman for like $10.

scsager

Slightly burned-out old guy
Reaction score
trouble is they both knock into hazmat. all CTI are hazmat. (but you do have a vendor so that's cool)

If you're looking for cheaper, grab an AT 29/40-120 case and order G reloads from wildman for like $10.
+1 This is some great advice!

All the CTI 29mm "G" motors are hazmat and most are also considered high-power, requiring L1 to buy and fly.

CTI is a great option if you have an "on-site" vendor. This way you avoid the Hazmat charge.

If you must buy online, then the AT 29/40-12 case has a few nice F and G motors available without requiring hazmat or L1. This really is the least expensive option.

samb

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Got it covered for a vendor-
If you have a local motor vendor then I'd be willing to bet they will be most "inexpensive (reasonable) source" when you add possible hazmat and shipping costs to online orders. Am I missing something ?