• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Ellis Mountain case and reload

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duster45

Reaction score
1 each Ellis Mountain 38-910 case complete in good used condition. It has been grooved and has a Loki external thrust snap ring installed. 1 each J330 Thors Hammer reload complete and unopened. $150.00 includes shipping or best offer.

Attachments

• IMG_4680.JPG
    IMG_4680.JPG
    14.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_4681.JPG
    IMG_4681.JPG
    14.7 KB · Views: 56
Yikes, wasn't the J-330 a known boom-stick???
I never had a problem with them.
BTW, I have a complete set (3,4,5,6, and 7 grain) The nozzle was part of the reload.) available. Ellis 38 mm reloads don't have a liner, just thick casting tubes and you greased them on assembly.
I'll let the set go for $100 + actual shipping. Each motor has a forward bulkhead, nozzle washer, and snap rings. Start a conversation (pm) if interested.

Last edited:
I think the boom stick was a disposable motor. Rule of advice, based on experience: Never grease liners or propellant grains.

The EM motors that were an issue for some were the very high L/D SU motors. The instructions said to insert the ignitor 2/3rds of the way up, otherwise it could hang up on the way out and clog the nozzle.(Or something like that). I remember a story told by Bob Ellis - he sold one of the long motors and told the purchaser to make sure to only insert the ignitor 2/3rds of the way up. The flyer went off, had a kaboom, and came back mad. Bob asked him if he followed the instructions and he said "yes, I stuck the ignitor all the way up just like you said". He still replaced the motor.

Tony

I guess I'll be the one to ask.... do you have qualifications to ship the reload? It is also unknown where you are located, to appease those who are local to you...

The above questions may be why you haven't sold yet.

Back