Ellis Mnt G-20

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't used a G20 yet but the long-burn G35 is nice...but it doesn't have much initial thrust so you'll only want to use it on a very light rocket with a very long rod.

Originally posted by Chilly
Haven't used a G20 yet but the long-burn G35 is nice...but it doesn't have much initial thrust so you'll only want to use it on a very light rocket with a very long rod.

I have not used the EM G20 either, but I've burned a half dozen or so of the G35s. They work particularly well with all of Art Applewhite's 29mm designs--just don't forget to remove the ejection charge before using!

Love those long burn motors... :D

I've use a few of them in my upscale Tri F O. Very nice long burn motor.

Used one in a monocopter......made the boom stretch, then destroy itself and almost the motor, the motor shifted into second gear after it got a chunk taken out of it.......just another monocopter flight ;-) It all started cuz it spun up faster than I had figured it would

Originally posted by Bowhunter
Has anyone used this motor yet? If so how was it?

I'd buy some of most of the S/U motors, but I can't find a dealer that will ship them.

Originally posted by DynaSoar
I'd buy some of most of the S/U motors, but I can't find a dealer that will ship them.

I have ordered EM SU G35s from Magnum in the past couple of months. I don't believe there was even a hazmat fee on shipping them either! Just email Ross to check stock before faxing your order.

HTH,

Originally posted by lalligood
I have ordered EM SU G35s from Magnum in the past couple of months. I don't believe there was even a hazmat fee on shipping them either! Just email Ross to check stock before faxing your order.

HTH,

The page rightly says there's hazmat fee for anything over F, and $1.50 fee for each motor F or better shipped parcel post. G35 is the only motors he shows he carries. But at least he'll ship. Most of the other Ellis dealers won't. At least, those that respond to email.

I may just have to save up to buy enough to make it worth it, and make the trip to Houston to pick them up myself.

Originally posted by Bowhunter
Just Rocket ships them that who I have been dealing with. Heres the addy

https://www.justrockets.com/index.html

I guess I should have read the price list. I stopped at the front page that said they weren't shipping hazmat at all. Gs should require hazmat since they have over 30 grams of propellant. Unless, of course, the NAR pages regarding shipping regulations, and the other Ellis retailers who're using this as the reason they won't ship them, are wrong about this.

I got 3 G35's and 2 G-20's in the same box and no Hazmat. I mean It saved me $$$$$$$$

Back