Eggfinder RX "dongle" case

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steveo

Reaction score
What do you all use to hold your Eggfinder RX dongle. I have the USB version with an RP-SMA antenna. Currently I'm using an old electronic toothbrush case. But figured there has to be a better option.

IMG_0294.jpg

I finished building my mini the other day, and designed/printed this. My idea is just to run the shock cord through the holes, or maybe use the kevlar cord to clip it to the nosecone. The case is 38mm x 110mm, the screw cap a bit larger. Long enough for the mini with antenna and big enough for my 450 battery.

IMG_20200405_140932132.jpg

Nice printed case. I use the Labrat sleds with my minis - and highly recommend them. I use the eye bolt and quick link to attach to my shock cord.

That said, I'm trying to figure out a case for the dongle. I use it to download GPS data during flight as the mini doesn't capture telemetry.

IMG_0293.jpg

Eggtimer sells a small plastic box for housing the Eggfinder Rx. It has room for the battery as well as the bluetooth module. Here is a link to a youtube video of one guy building and assembling the Rx and Bluetooth module into said box. It's how I'm going to build mine out. I might use LiPos instead of AA batteries. TBD.

Back