Ebay pouch?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steveo

Reaction score
First off - I'm new to this. But I have a few single deploy rockets that I would like to use with electronics. I don't want to add an ebay and I can't use the nose cone. So I was wondering if possible to use a pouch (kevlar) to hold an altimeter, tracker, or GPS (e.g. BRB900). Maybe attach it to the shock cord or eye bolt on coupler. Scoured the threads and haven't seen anyone else do this...assuming there is a reason why. But hoping to have a pouch that I can use on multiple rockets. Thoughts?

You will have a difficult time doing this with an altimeter as they need to sample the atmosphere (barometric type), and you probably don't want to vent the entire body that much. Accelerometer based altimeters would be a problem also as they need to be mounted in a rigid and defined orientation to work correctly, so that isn't a good candidate for a pouch altimeter either. As for a tracker it is very doable. I make and sell sleds and shells for multiple trackers (see link in signature) that can be clipped onto your shock cord directly, and moved rocket to rocket. Many people wrap different trackers in Nomex pouches and fly those too.

Yeah, technically I was looking for a pouch/enclosure for a tracker - preferably GPS. I like the looks of the BRB900. I'm intrigued by your sleds. Thanks for the info.

For what it is worth, if I was getting into GPS tracking and had no equipment already, I would go with either the Egg Finder mini (if cost was the main driver), or the Featherweight Tracker...that thing is amazing.

Most of the stuff available for rocketry is really good, so do your research, and you really can't go wrong.

Yeah, technically I was looking for a pouch/enclosure for a tracker - preferably GPS. I like the looks of the BRB900. I'm intrigued by your sleds. Thanks for the info.
I love the BRB900 and use mine often. It does not care about orientation. I often slide mine into a piece of pipe insulation and shove the whole thing into the nose cone. Not an option for you, but you could use your idea. Just keep it from getting smoked by the ejection charge.

I am toying with putting mine into a small plastic container -- think pill bottle -- and duct taping the whole thing to the harness.

Back