E Clustered Camera Project...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RalliART

Reaction score
Well I was at my local hobby store here in Ann Arbor, and I picked up NAR's magazine since they no longer cary Extreme Rocketry there (I think I was the only one to buy them). After paroozing through the pages I saw an awesome 7 D clustered rig. I had to have one, so I drew it out on Rocsim (adjusted for 7 E9's) , and added a payload bay for my hacked CVS camera. I'm not sure if I will go with birch fins or G10, maybe one of you can convince me towards one or the other. I'm going to drive over to Commonwealth Displays to pick up most of the parts on Thursday, this one should turn heads at the field. :D

1230.gif

Forgot the file I guess...

Went to Commonwealth Displays after work today and bought most of the stuff to build this. :D

1 - 3" Loc Airframe Tube
2 - Loc 24mm MMT tubes
1 - Sheet of .062 G10
1 - 3" Loc nosecone
1 - pack of 24mm Engine blocks
1 - 3 inch payload bay for the camera

09-07-06_1949.jpg

And dry fitted together (for scale, my dual deploy Loc Graduator is next to it)

09-07-06_1944.jpg

7 E9's...yum...

Best of luck Ben, I have a hankering to do something similiar this winter, keep us informed
Whats this hacked camera?

Built the motor mount today...BUT...I kind of forgot to put the engine hook in the center mount...:mad: oh well I guess...

Anyway, heres some pics:

"Completed" assembly
09-10-06_1352.jpg

The business end
09-10-06_1351.jpg

The camera I will use in the payload bay, without its plastic cover.
09-10-06_1401.jpg

I will mount it to a piece of G10, more to come soon.:D

Back