Dupli-Color Metal Specks paint

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donaldsrockets

Reaction score
I was thinking about using this stuff for a future project and was just wondering if anyone here used it and what they thought of it, application tips, etc.

I tried to find the application instructions on the Dupli-Color website but all they had online were the available colors and MSDS sheets.

Please feel free to respond with your experience with this product, good or bad.;)

I haven't used DupliColor metalflake, but I've had good luck with Testor's One Coat Lacquer in both silver and blue metalflake. You can get it a Hobby Lobby.

I was thinking about using this stuff for a future project and was just wondering if anyone here used it and what they thought of it, application tips, etc.

I tried to find the application instructions on the Dupli-Color website but all they had online were the available colors and MSDS sheets.

Please feel free to respond with your experience with this product, good or bad.;)

My dad has used it and I thought it worked quite well. You do need to make sure and get even coats or it will darken in some spots and be lighter in others.

Ben

I've seen it used to great effect by another, but the can I bought sprayed clear (it was a *great* clear coat, though!).

Back