Duinotech - jaycar australia - never seems to work quite properly

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does all the duinotech stuff you buy from jaycar never quite work properly, librarys always have something wrong, which takes hours of googling and modifying some cryptic bit of the code etc.
It costs a fortune too, compared to buying equivalent parts from ebay/ ali express etc.
They need to employ someone to go through each component, make sure it is compatible with Arduino for starters, and check and update and correct the relevant libraries, and make them readily available to users.

Is it just me, or does all the duinotech stuff you buy from jaycar never quite work properly, librarys always have something wrong, which takes hours of googling and modifying some cryptic bit of the code etc.
It costs a fortune too, compared to buying equivalent parts from ebay/ ali express etc.
They need to employ someone to go through each component, make sure it is compatible with Arduino for starters, and check and update and correct the relevant libraries, and make them readily available to users.
Use your phone in macro photography and take a close up photo of the chip. Use that as a basis for which version you choose. They dont sell many so there could be 3 possible versions........ Yes its a PITA. PM me if you need help.. Include a photo of board and close up of chip info.
Norm

Glad to hear its not just me! I cant remember what their brand used to be but im sure it seemed to work ok years ago! at the moment im trying to build my own flight computer, I bought a bunch of bits, ive made most of them work, but im stuck on this spl06 bme air pressure senser, Got it working on arduino except the numbers were massively wrong, saw on a thread that they work much better with esp32, so i went and bought one of them, havnt got it working yet with that, tried a bunch of things from forums. It only has 4 pins, power ground sda scl, just doesnt wanna go!

Glad to hear its not just me! I cant remember what their brand used to be but im sure it seemed to work ok years ago! at the moment im trying to build my own flight computer, I bought a bunch of bits, ive made most of them work, but im stuck on this spl06 bme air pressure senser, Got it working on arduino except the numbers were massively wrong, saw on a thread that they work much better with esp32, so i went and bought one of them, havnt got it working yet with that, tried a bunch of things from forums. It only has 4 pins, power ground sda scl, just doesnt wanna go!
They use a 168 chip version and a 328P chip old AND new bootloader on the same Jaycar part number board for Arduino Nano !!!!!. Very annoying.

unfortunately my phone camera is broken and i cant read the chip, but it certainly sounds like you know it already! Im not sure what the compensation scale factors are referring to or how to change them, normally for these simple chips you load up the library and get some working action at least!.
Ahhh ok its just occured to me the scale factors, that is why the numbers are coming out wrong on the ardunio? Ok ill look into that

Back