Drake decorating

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cydermaster

Reaction score
I'm slowly building my Fliskits Drake, and I'm starting to look towards how I'm going to decorate it. In the instructions, it suggests sticking Quarters into the holes on the wings/stabaliser. Obviously, there are no Quarters over here, but the old-size English 5p coin fits a beauty.

Unfortunatly, I can only get my hands on one old 5p. Jim - will the Drake be stable with only one coin, in the stabaliser?

yep, in fact, the fewer coins, the greater the stability (just adds weight to the tail :) )

I've always wanted to paint one like... ...well, like a Drake! a duck. WOuld be cool to put a feather pattern on them wings! :)

Thanks for that, Jim :)

Originally posted by jflis
Would be cool to put a feather pattern on them wings! :)

That *would* be very cool - that idea had crossed my mind, but its well beyond my artistic talants.

The ideas I'm toying with, at the mo are:

Bright Yellow, with a face on the nosecone - like a bathtime Rubber Duck.

'Pop Art' - 1960s Carnaby St (Austin Powers, sort of) / The Italian Job Minis. Lots of Red, White & Blue - with British RAF 'Target' Emblems on the balsa disks, re-inserted in their original holes in the wings.

Or - I've been listening to alot of reggae, recently. I might do something with the Red, Gold and Green of the Rasta flag - dunno what yet; posibly nose/payload bit: Red, main body bit: Gold, wings: Green. Something unoriginal like that.

These are just the thoughts I'm having, I've not made my mind up yet. Anybody got any thoughts? What are others planning for their Drakes?

Originally posted by cydermaster
Thanks for that, Jim :)

Bright Yellow, with a face on the nosecone - like a bathtime Rubber Duck.

Yeah, that one. Simple but effective

Latest posts

Back