Differences in reliability of OS X and Windows Rocksim

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam_midkiff

Reaction score
Are there significant differences in the reliability of OS X and Windows RockSim? I see no reason why there should be, but remember seeing a post here or on YORF implying there was. I am about to buy a copy, and would prefer to get if for OS X but might get a Windows versions if there are significant reliability/performance differences.

Thanks,

Sam

Unlike most Mac programs, I have found Rocksim to be less stable in the Mac version, than the Windows version (I have Rocksim v8 on Windows, Rocksim v9 on Mac). It will inexplicably close down on occasion and often input windows freeze and you have to hit "tab" to make them come alive. Saying that, I have found the simulation results and support of features to be consistent between the two versions. Also, given that OS-X is a more stable underlying operating system than Windows, my overall confidence and problem/issue resolve time is much less on the Mac.

Unlike most Mac programs, I have found Rocksim to be less stable in the Mac version, than the Windows version (I have Rocksim v8 on Windows, Rocksim v9 on Mac). It will inexplicably close down on occasion and often input windows freeze and you have to hit "tab" to make them come alive. Saying that, I have found the simulation results and support of features to be consistent between the two versions. Also, given that OS-X is a more stable underlying operating system than Windows, my overall confidence and problem/issue resolve time is much less on the Mac.

Thanks -- these problems seem to be the kind that can be dealt with by saving often, and hitting tab more often than one wants. And at the risk of making a religion post, I agree with you totally about Windows (although I haven't played with Windows 7).

Sam

Back