Darn, dang, fudgebuckets, daggummit and other choice imprecations

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarasdad

Reaction score
Today I had planned on going out to the Mojave Desert Advanced Rocket Society monthly launch to maiden the four rockets I have ready for flight. I woke up this morning and my brain was all "yeah, woohoo, let's go!" My body, on the other hand, was saying "HAH! Fat chance, bucko."

My body won. Darned arthritis. :sad::cry:

Last edited:
That's where 'mind over body' comes in..The mind tells the body to hush up and deal with it!:wink:

But, I sympathize with ya..Had it happen to me once...Had a weekend off that coincided with our club launch..Work conspired to and kept me out way later then I wanted and when I woke up Saturday morning to head out, I was like 'heck with it..I am going back to sleep'...:roll:

Was just a really bad arthritis day. They happen when the weather is changing like it was today. Didn't help that I forgot to take my bedtime pain meds last night. When I do that I pay for it the next day. Worst part is that it was apparently a really good day with lots of folks out at the field.

With the weather moderating it should be easier for me to get out next time. Heat and sun do not play nice with some of he prescriptions I take.

Best wishes for you Bro. Getting older Blows!
Mind still like a teenager but the Body keeps you in check.
I understand.

I sympathise with ya bro. I've been dealing with chronic pain for almost 20 years. There's been many days when I haven't wanted to leave the house much less get in a car and drive for hours. I find that when I'm actually launching rockets that the pain gets pushed to the side(mentally) unfortunately I pay for it on the ride home and the next day and the next day and the next day. Sorry for your pain man, hope you get to feeling better and can get out there and do the stuff you want to do. Good luck!

Today I had planned on going out to the Mojave Desert Advanced Rocket Society monthly launch to maiden the four rockets I have ready for flight. I woke up this morning and my brain was all "yeah, woohoo, let's go!" My body, on the other hand, was saying "HAH! Fat chance, bucko."

My body won. Darned arthritis. :sad::cry:

Sorry to hear about this. Get better soon!

Best wishes for you Bro. Getting older Blows!
Mind still like a teenager but the Body keeps you in check.
I understand.

Even though people understand, it is still a little bit embarrassing when the arthritis interferes. At the last launch I attended, I had to ask somebody else to turn a thumb screw for me (so I could switch out a rod) because the arthritis in my thumbs prevented me from gripping the screw. I really don't want my man-card revoked...

Last edited:
Even though people understand, it is still a little bit embarrassing when the arthritis interferes. At the last launch I attended, I had to ask somebody else to turn a thumb screw for me (so I could switch out a rod) because the arthritis in my thumbs prevented me from gripping the screw. I really don't want my man-card revoked...

Well at some point we all have to turn in our man-card for an oldman-card. The AARP keeps sending me one but I'm not ready to except it yet.:rolleyes:

Back