Cti fire ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prayers for all involved but especially for Jeroen who sounds as if he got the worst of it.

Prayers for Jeroen and all at CTI...
I sure hope this all turns out to not be as bad as it sounds now...

Teddy

Thoughts and prayers for the injured.

This was forwarded through my clubs email :

To: "NAPAS"
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2016 5:21:34 PM
Subject: Re: [napas] Accident at the Cesaroni Plant

I've got scrapes and bruises, one employee with smoke inhalation.
Jeroen received major burns to most of his body.
My thoughts go out to Jeroen and his family.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 24, 2016, at 4:19 PM, Jim wrote:

Anthony, Bob, please let us know if people are ok.

All of us who know CTI and its’ people are thinking of you.

Jim

Oh no....... :(

Finally back online today. Our internet provider had been down since Tuesday eve, and yesterday we were without power.
This is heartbreaking for the hobby, and devastating news for those injured.
I go back quite awhile with Dr. J... stay strong my friend.

Prayers for a full and speedy recovery to all involved.

Does anyone have any new information on the scope of this explosion/fire, who was injured and to what extent?

I will pray for injured. Dr. J is such a friend to the hobby. Hopefully he will have a speedy recovery.

Sad to hear this. Best wishes and prayers to those injured.

Across the lonely highways of Illinois last night i had too much time to think about some of the great moments that i had talking and, flying rockets with Jeroen over the years.
My thoughts were that if i let a few out...maybe, just maybe he would find this thread (someday) and, be able to understand the impact he has made on allot of our lives through a laugh or two.

I will never forget the first time i met him-

It was over the phone. Somehow i was the lucky one to get the first CTI N-10,000 released to the public. Freshly mailed from Wildman and, sitting on my kitchen table. Where i thought i was going to get a big bag of shavings...instead i had six of the biggest cored grains i had ever seen glistening in the sunlight. Then the phone started ringing.

Canada!? :eek: Who the heck in Canada wants to talk to me? Damn Telemarketers are getting trickier...Lets PLAY BALL! ;)

Piepenburg Trucking YOU buy it, we fly in on 18 wheels! Can i schedule a pickup time today caller? :D

"Ahhhhhh yes, i'm trying to reach a Guz Piepenbuuurg...":confused:

They know my first name...tricky. :eek:

"My name is Jeroen with CTI and, i'm calling to give you some advice about putting together your N-10,000!" :)

Dude, where the heck are you from...Sweden:confused:

"Holland."

A Dutchman from Canada? That must have been an ugly baby! :rolleyes:

Lots of silence...

Well needless to say after a misplaced joke or two about the great Oatmeal cookies (shaped like Windmills) with slices of almonds that my uncle in Germany used to send me as a kid and, how i thought that my parents (really just) bought them at the IGA because they said *Made in Milwaukee Wisconsin* on the package-

Things started to smooth out.

For the next 30 minutes i had the undivided attention of the Propellant master of CTI in my hand and, the questions i asked were many and, as thoughtful as i could pull out on short notice.
In the end i screwed up and, my first attempt at gluing the grains into the liner ended up producing what could only be described as something around an N-25,000...

I think they heard that CATO in the south suburbs of Chicago and, although i ONLY really burned up around THREE acres of corn stalk...the nickname below has stuck over the years and, it's ALOT better than somethings, some people have called me over the years.

The next shining moment involved a trip to Toronto and, a planned stop by the factory to see where all the fun comes from-

After a major issue involving converting MILES to KILOMETERS i finally found the place...

*It was Disneyland After Dark!*

Nice factory! ;) Love the layout...plus the firing range in your own backyard! :surprised: This place looks familiar...Didn't they film *Strange Brew* here?

"No..."

Jeroen took me on a tour of the whole place, i saw everything up and, close! The only place i didn't see was the Ladies room and, the roof.

To see his personal lab, the machine shop- all this up close was incredible. I even saw and, touched things in his office that would probably be considered off limits.

To cap the day we spent some time in the backyard at the range...My personal favorite place from all the You-Tube certification test videos they post.

Bob was busy stirring, cutting and, coring and, we just wandered around all the little bunkers talking about the neat things to come!

Things got real interesting when we reached the end and, opened up the BIG BUNKER...

"This is where we test the BIG one!" ;)

Owwww....you mean the one Bruce and, the boys down south use for their little side business?

"Yesssss..." :eek:

Whats with all the marks on this fixture here?

"Weeeeeellll :rolleyes: we *Popped* a few getting the kinks out of the formula."

Hard too believe for "The King" baby! :lol:

"Take a look at the wall here and, over there!"

That must have been one heck of a HUGE CONFLAGRATION! :surprised:

"Ohhh...it was...We STILL get angry calls from Newfoundland from time to time." :wink:

We must have spent 15 minutes alone talking about flying, flaming cookie dough and, its effect on steel structures....including patch weld analysis...

These are just a couple happy memories. The best part has always been just calling him a friend and, having his personal cell number to dial up whenever the urge came about and, the questions were trivial to others but, important to me.

Jeroen? We are all thinking of you, your fellow workers and, your family...Stay strong my friend and, heal...The road to recovery may be short or long but, know we are all there for you-

Last edited:
These are just a couple happy memories. The best part has always been just calling him a friend and, having his personal cell number to dial up whenever the urge came about and, the questions were trivial to others but, important to me.

Jeroen? We are all thinking of you, your fellow workers and, your family...Stay strong my friend and, heal...The road to recovery may be short or long but, know we are all there for you-

+1. Very nice sharing that.

This is so sad...prayers to Jeroen and his family, and best to CTI through this tragedy. Get better soon, Dr J!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awful news! I just want to echo everybody else and say I hope that the injuries aren't as severe as we all fear, and that Jeroen can have a speedy recovery! He has done so much for our hobby, and to hear something like this happening is just heartbreaking...

This is very bad news - mostly so concerning the injuries, apparently serious for Jeroen Louwers. Let's all hope that Jeroen and any others injured make full recoveries. Also that the material damage at the Cesaroni facilities will not be too great a production and business set back. What this accident serves to remind us all is that manufacture of of solid rocket propellants, even in the hands of professionals in properly equipped and run facilties, has risks. Risks that are taken so that we rocketeers can fly our rockets safely.

Last edited:
+1. Very nice sharing that.

Thank-you Tim.

If this had happened to Gary, Scott or any of their co-workers...I would feel the same way too.
There are MANY of us who love EX Motors but, like myself I can't buy the spare time in my life too learn the proper way.

That's why allot of us rely on the ones who do too make us look so good.

This hobby is a small family...some small issues...MANY GOOD things around us. We need to stick together when the RARE bad moments happen.

Going to bed- Got to get ready for a long work night tonight.

If anyone else has some great moments, please feel free to share them with us. It makes the time waiting for better news...so much quicker.:)

Best thoughts and wishes to the injured; Jereon sounds like a great guy, and I hope he recovers soon and completely.

I have no good stories to share, other than to say that, as a BAR, I just purchased my first Pro29 case a couple of weeks ago, and am looking forward to flying it.

Without going off-topic, and not knowing how health coverage works in Canada, I'll echo michigander's thoughts upthread: if it would help, I'd be more than happy to donate to a GoFundMe for his expenses.

This is awful. Jeroen has answered so many of my questions. I wish him and Bob speedy recovery. So sad.

Ari.

Just caught up with this... Hope that Jeroen and the others are OK.

Major burns to most of the body? Sounds nasty as hell. Hopefully things arent as bad as they sound.

Would anyone be able to email bob and ask him how jeroen is doing? I really hope he's ok. Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery.

Definitely bad news. Hope things are not as bad as they sound for Jeroen. Best wishes for his recovery

Across the lonely highways of Illinois last night i had too much time to think about some of the great moments that i had talking and, flying rockets with Jeroen over the years.
My thoughts were that if i let a few out...maybe, just maybe he would find this thread (someday) and, be able to understand the impact he has made on allot of our lives through a laugh or two.

I will never forget the first time i met him-

It was over the phone. Somehow i was the lucky one to get the first CTI N-10,000 released to the public. Freshly mailed from Wildman and, sitting on my kitchen table. Where i thought i was going to get a big bag of shavings...instead i had six of the biggest cored grains i had ever seen glistening in the sunlight. Then the phone started ringing.

Canada!? :eek: Who the heck in Canada wants to talk to me? Damn Telemarketers are getting trickier...Lets PLAY BALL! ;)

Piepenburg Trucking YOU buy it, we fly in on 18 wheels! Can i schedule a pickup time today caller? :D

"Ahhhhhh yes, i'm trying to reach a Guz Piepenbuuurg...":confused:

They know my first name...tricky. :eek:

"My name is Jeroen with CTI and, i'm calling to give you some advice about putting together your N-10,000!" :)

Dude, where the heck are you from...Sweden:confused:

"Holland."

A Dutchman from Canada? That must have been an ugly baby! :rolleyes:

Lots of silence...

Well needless to say after a misplaced joke or two about the great Oatmeal cookies (shaped like Windmills) with slices of almonds that my uncle in Germany used to send me as a kid and, how i thought that my parents (really just) bought them at the IGA because they said *Made in Milwaukee Wisconsin* on the package-

Things started to smooth out.

For the next 30 minutes i had the undivided attention of the Propellant master of CTI in my hand and, the questions i asked were many and, as thoughtful as i could pull out on short notice.
In the end i screwed up and, my first attempt at gluing the grains into the liner ended up producing what could only be described as something around an N-25,000...

I think they heard that CATO in the south suburbs of Chicago and, although i ONLY really burned up around THREE acres of corn stalk...the nickname below has stuck over the years and, it's ALOT better than somethings, some people have called me over the years.

The next shining moment involved a trip to Toronto and, a planned stop by the factory to see where all the fun comes from-

After a major issue involving converting MILES to KILOMETERS i finally found the place...

*It was Disneyland After Dark!*

Nice factory! ;) Love the layout...plus the firing range in your own backyard! :surprised: This place looks familiar...Didn't they film *Strange Brew* here?

"No..."

Jeroen took me on a tour of the whole place, i saw everything up and, close! The only place i didn't see was the Ladies room and, the roof.

To see his personal lab, the machine shop- all this up close was incredible. I even saw and, touched things in his office that would probably be considered off limits.

To cap the day we spent some time in the backyard at the range...My personal favorite place from all the You-Tube certification test videos they post.

Bob was busy stirring, cutting and, coring and, we just wandered around all the little bunkers talking about the neat things to come!

Things got real interesting when we reached the end and, opened up the BIG BUNKER...

"This is where we test the BIG one!" ;)

Owwww....you mean the one Bruce and, the boys down south use for their little side business?

"Yesssss..." :eek:

Whats with all the marks on this fixture here?

"Weeeeeellll :rolleyes: we *Popped* a few getting the kinks out of the formula."

Hard too believe for "The King" baby! :lol:

"Take a look at the wall here and, over there!"

That must have been one heck of a HUGE CONFLAGRATION! :surprised:

"Ohhh...it was...We STILL get angry calls from Newfoundland from time to time." :wink:

We must have spent 15 minutes alone talking about flying, flaming cookie dough and, its effect on steel structures....including patch weld analysis...

Well said!

24 hours and I cannot stop thinking about this. Best wishes to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back