Cti fire ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
24 hours and I cannot stop thinking about this. Best wishes to all.

+1 on this. I hate not knowing how he is doing. I left a message on his cell phone and have his wife a message letting her know we were all thinking aid them (in case she checks his voice mails.)

Saw this flag up over in the UK.

I hope everyone involved is okay. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery

Keep us posted

Wow just saw this thread. Prayers for everyone involved.

+1 on this. I hate not knowing how he is doing. I left a message on his cell phone and have his wife a message letting her know we were all thinking aid them (in case she checks his voice mails.)

+1 Trying to send all the positive energy I can and hoping for some good news.

Would anyone be able to email bob and ask him how jeroen is doing? I really hope he's ok. Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery.

the original email was intended for the local club. It was never intended for wide spread dissemination.

So there is no use asking for more information. It is also a long weekend and the office/factory was closed on Friday.

I have orders to pickup later in the week and I don't even know what is happening. I will also wait for CTI to publicly make an announcement before I even say anything. ( and no I won't say anything off list so don't ask )

Oh, my gosh. I was not reading this thread because I thought it was about a CTI motor that caught on fire. Then I got Ted Cochran's Electronic Rocketeer e-mail and saw this:

Our thoughts and prayers today are with Dr. Jeroen Louwers, who was seriously injured on Thursday morning in an accident at Cesaroni Technology Incorporated, one of our hobby's suppliers of rocket motors. While I'm sure that details about what happened will be forthcoming, for now we can only hope for his rapid and complete recovery.

Praying, sad, and all the rest. :(

Nothing yet on my end. Same here Gary, can't stop thinking and waiting and hoping for good news.

Same here. I would not expect much on the accident yet. The real issue is the people issue specifically Jeroen as he appears to have taken the brunt of it. Just hoping that the very limited reports we have are overshooting the extent of his injuries.

I'm sure that will we never know the full extent of what caused the incident. What ever Canada uses for the equivalent of our OSHA down here...i'm sure they've already started the paperwork.

So the only and, most important thing we can do is patiently await better news on our friend...What's bothering me is the wait but, i understand how these things go sometimes.

Still keeping all of the involved in my thoughts.

The OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance) doesn't cover everything. He may need some help down the road.

I think a go fund me account or something like that would be a great. We could also do a get well card for each employee that are circulated for signatures.

I just checked the CAR website...no mention of the incident or how people can best be of assistance...I agree that a go fund me page or a care package of some kind to his family are in order.

I just sent a quick "contact us" message via the pro38 website asking how we can be of assistance...will post a reply when received.

Good update! I hope this all works out and all have 100% recovery.

It says he is badly burned. I am not sure this is anything to be positive about. Burns are very serious.

"Two of the three employees injured during a rocket-fuel explosion last week have left the hospital and are convalescing, while a third remains.

And that man's prognosis is improving, the owner of Whitchurch-Stouffville's Cesaroni Technologies said."

While not knowing the extent of burns, an improving prognosis is a good thing.

Latest news from the reporter:
Two have been released and the one still in hospital is improving. It's still under investigation. A story to that effect is going up soon.

It says he is badly burned. I am not sure this is anything to be positive about. Burns are very serious.

The article is quoting the owner of CTI stating his prognosis is improving. I would argue that is something to be positive about. He was in an explosion and sustained burns to much of his body. People on this forum are aware of the fact that "burns are serious". Coming on here and being ominously pessimistic in the face of cautious optimism from someone with more knowledge of the situation than you doesn't look good, and doesn't help anyone on here looking for an update on their friend. I don't know Jeroen whatsoever, and hearing about this is still stressing me out. I've been checking back regularly hoping to hear good news. Now we have some. Don't poopoo on it.

Yes, but we knew that. It also says that his prognosis is improving. Burns are indeed a hell of a thing, and the recovery is brutal, but we've been in a "no news is bad news" situation on this since Friday and an early indication that he is headed in the right direction is good news, indeed.

Yes, but we knew that. It also says that his prognosis is improving. Burns are indeed a hell of a thing, and the recovery is brutal, but we've been in a "no news is bad news" situation on this since Friday and an early indication that he is headed in the right direction is good news, indeed.

I know I'm breathing just a little bit easier after reading that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back