CTI Discussion Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you sure about that. All the dealers I know removed them from their websites and liquidated their stock. Only place I have found them is AMW in very limited supply. Loads for the 75 mm line would be great
[/QUOTE]
I'm absolutely certain about that. We never stopped selling them. We do rarely sell any, I guess I know why now.
We might even have some Scalded Tiger (VMax) in stock in 54mm. The only 75mm loads are skidmark.

https://pro38.com/products/pro54/motor.phphttps://pro38.com/products/pro75/motor.php
See the bottom of the links.

I'm with Jim on this. I wish more dealers sold the ProX line. I used to get them from AWM, but when they move to the southwest, my supply was gone (I do not want to pay hazmat).
Denying yourself literally hundreds of CTI motor options because you don't want to pay HAZMAT is just silly. $35...make an annual motor and it's only an extra $2-3 per motor.

It may be possible to contact your dealer and have them order a few in their next shipment. I'll probably ask Chris about that next time I see him at the field

So, are these issues that people are experiencing being entered into the Cato website? I don't think destruction of the motor and case would be necessary for a report. If the motor or rocket is damaged or even there's unusual wear on the motor case or closure, I think it should be reported.

Data, data, data; helps everyone.

Are you sure about that. All the dealers I know removed them from their websites and liquidated their stock. Only place I have found them is AMW in very limited supply. Loads for the 75 mm line would be great
I'm absolutely certain about that. We never stopped selling them. We do rarely sell any, I guess I know why now.
We might even have some Scalded Tiger (VMax) in stock in 54mm. The only 75mm loads are skidmark.

https://pro38.com/products/pro54/motor.phphttps://pro38.com/products/pro75/motor.php
See the bottom of the links.
[/QUOTE]

Wildman liquidated them long ago,he has a snap ring agenda( still love you Tim). Chris did about a year ago, Ken at Performance Hobbies told me he could no longer order them about the same time. I'm Glad they are available, Love the K610, K1075,L1290, and the M2050!!!!

Denying yourself literally hundreds of CTI motor options because you don't want to pay HAZMAT is just silly. $35...make an annual motor and it's only an extra $2-3 per motor.
Agreed. I use all motor vendors, AT, CTI, AMW, and Loki. Unfortunately, I only launch a few times a year and my budget is not big enough to make a larger order. I like to buy from onsite vendors and save the hazmat. I'm just bummed that AMW is no longer on the east coast. I have the AMW cases which are not used all that much now since moved. I am flying Loki motors in them so that is a plus.

Ok that's what I will do. Dose dealer replace product at that point or do they send you paper work than CTI sends replacement item?

I've had BOTH situations occur with case and load. In one instance my dealer had both in stock and just did the replacement straight up to keep me going that day. In the other instance the dealer only had the reload, and it took over a year to get a replacement/warranty case.......but he got his normal supply in first, and took care of me.

I've had BOTH situations occur with case and load. In one instance my dealer had both in stock and just did the replacement straight up to keep me going that day. In the other instance the dealer only had the reload, and it took over a year to get a replacement/warranty case.......but he got his normal supply in first, and took care of me.
I have both case and reload issues also.

Forgive me Bob, but I couldn't pass this up.
Wildman liquidated them long ago,he has a snap ring agenda (still love you Tim).
tenor.gif

Agreed. I use all motor vendors, AT, CTI, AMW, and Loki. Unfortunately, I only launch a few times a year and my budget is not big enough to make a larger order. I like to buy from onsite vendors and save the hazmat. I'm just bummed that AMW is no longer on the east coast. I have the AMW cases which are not used all that much now since moved. I am flying Loki motors in them so that is a plus.
I always try to buy something from on-site vendors, so I get it.

Are Loki reloads compatible in AMW snapping cases? I have a 54/2550 that I was gifted with a single K1130 reload and I flew it so the now the case just sits there.

I am starting to see more of the 54mm reloads coming with a starter/igniter/initiator that resembles a dipped pyrogen and no black powder pellet in the forward most grain versus the old e-match & BP pellet. Was there a reason for this change?

I am starting to see more of the 54mm reloads coming with a starter/igniter/initiator that resembles a dipped pyrogen and no black powder pellet in the forward most grain versus the old e-match & BP pellet. Was there a reason for this change?
There has been no change, most motors use the pellet some don't.
The three Classic long burns, the two White long burns and the 5/6G White Thunder use the dipped ematch.

Correction. A while back we started using the dipped ematches in all the P54 White Thunders except the 1G.

Last edited:
There has been no change, most motors use the pellet some don't.
The three Classic long burns, the two White long burns and the 5/6G White Thunder use the dipped ematch.
Hmmm....guess I’ll have to look into that. Used a J760 (3 grain) over the weekend and had a dipped ematch. Don’t remember seeing that in past.

Hmmm....guess I’ll have to look into that. Used a J760 (3 grain) over the weekend and had a dipped ematch. Don’t remember seeing that in past.
In my experience, all White Thunder loads in 54 I have ever flown all had dipped matched and no starter pellet. This includes the J-430 (2) grain I flew a couple weeks ago.

Are Loki reloads compatible in AMW snapping cases? I have a 54/2550 that I was gifted with a single K1130 reload and I flew it so the now the case just sits there.

Yes, Loki 54-2800 reloads work in the AMW/Gorilla 54-2550 cases. You will need to get a Loki nozzle, nozzle washer and forward bulkhead with smoke. There used to be a special deal where you could get a great price on the conversion kit if you bought a corresponding Loki reload. That deal has been removed from the Loki website.

Back