CTI Cesaroni Technology

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my Broken Arrow XP on an L645G last month... what a nice motor for this rocket. Really enjoyed the 5.3 second burn!
[video=youtube;gXlzoRkwoUY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXlzoRkwoUY[/video]

All looked normal to me. I think what you think is "missing quick link" is just the end of an ejection charge lighter hanging out. Nice flight, nice video.

LAST SPACER O-RING QUESTION FOR BONDED-GLUED CTI 75MM MOTORS

From CTI...Pro75® motors requiring grain bonding: K2000, L3200, M1300, M1545, M1675, M2020, M2080, M2245, M2250, M3100, M3700 The following motors require bonding of the grains in the liner: K2000/L3200 Vmax™, M1300 Imax™ Dual Thrust, M2250 C-Star™, M3100/M3700 White Thunder™, M2020/M2245 Imax™, M2080 Skidmark™, M1545 Green3™, and M1675 Pink™. Bonding the grains in the liner prevents premature blowout of the grains under high acceleration loads or by high core mass flows.

Assembly instructions from CTI do not differ between the motors needing bonding and those not needing bonding.

How is the last (most forward) o-ring spacer installed in a bonded motor?
If there is a space larger than the o-ring thickness between the end of the last grain and the motor liner end can this last spacer o-ring be left out of the assembly?

LAST SPACER O-RING QUESTION FOR BONDED-GLUED CTI 75MM MOTORS

Assembly instructions from CTI do not differ between the motors needing bonding and those not needing bonding.

How is the last (most forward) o-ring spacer installed in a bonded motor?
If there is a space larger than the o-ring thickness between the end of the last grain and the motor liner end can this last spacer o-ring be left out of the assembly?

The forward spacer o-ring can be left out. Once the grains are bonded in, it has no purpose. Load the grains from the nozzle end as per instructions; leaving out the o-ring spacer between the insulator plate and the grain. Once all grains are bonded in and the nozzle is seated properly, the grains can be pushed down from the top of the liner to ensure all grains are seated properly. Leave the liner/grain/nozzle assembly upright to cure.

Jeroen

I really enjoy the Mellow motors. This is a 2.6" airframe with the I55. Eventually, my goal is to find out how slow I can get a rocket off a rail using active stabilization via canards or a gimbaled motor.

[video=youtube;Zfe29oP8TIU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfe29oP8TIU[/video]

Here is a cool flight of a rocket with C* propellant. The separation at 1m:3s into the video is quite spectacular and the capsule just happened to catch it. Enjoy!

[video=youtube;AEwKOeCj0jU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEwKOeCj0jU[/video]

Jeroen

Last edited:
Here is a cool flight of a rocket with C* propellant. The separation at 1m:3s into the video is quite spectacular and the capsule just happened to catch it. Enjoy!

Jeroen

Cool flight Jeroen.

Can you tell me the dimensions on the thrust ring on the 75mm gen 2 hardware? Is it the same as the gen 1.

Beginning the rebuild after my Midwest Power incident.

Jeroen

Very cool. One in a million shot right there.

C* is my favorite propellant and never ceases to wow me. Most recently it set my personal speed record to Mach 1.5 in a Wildman Punisher. Motor was the 54mm 4grain K740 bringing it to 9,942', a single stage altitude record for me.

[video=youtube_share;403qPbBbyXo]https://youtu.be/403qPbBbyXo[/video]

The same motor was used to get my L2 cert back in early August last year.

I've flown the I165 in my punisher as well. Got the 1grain case just for the sole purpose of flying that motor.

But it all boils down to this coming December. On the 19th I will light up my first 75mm motor, and you guessed it, it's C*. The 2grain L910 will be the motor to lift my Frenzy XL on its maiden flight, and be my first L. And of course I will post pics and video of that.

Thank you Jeroen for such an EPIC propellant.

PS. I Plan to get my L3 using C* someday. Someday when I have the money for that N5800, and a rocket to put it in.

markkoelsch said:
Cool flight Jeroen.

Can you tell me the dimensions on the thrust ring on the 75mm gen 2 hardware? Is it the same as the gen 1.

Beginning the rebuild after my Midwest Power incident.

Hi Mark,

I have a Gen2 set and the measurements are the same as the Gen1 measurements posted on the CTI site.
.5 inch length and 3.125 inch O.D.

Regards,

Len

I noticed, in the drawings, there's a case length for 75mm 1-grain at 7.95in. Is this for a future expansion of the line? I did note that the 98mm 5G is absent, as expected...

Later!

--Coop

I noticed, in the drawings, there's a case length for 75mm 1-grain at 7.95in. Is this for a future expansion of the line? I did note that the 98mm 5G is absent, as expected...

Maybe. Unfortunately there wouldn't be a lot of useful reload in that size (sufficient thrust v.s. hardware weight). We try to have more than 1 or 2 reloads per case. Of course you could also use the 2G case with a spacer. [I just noticed we have some casings on the shelf!].

Jeroen.

Last edited:
Thanks! I understand. If it were available, I'd probably just pick up a 1g case-- like you said: thrust:weight... And those would primarily be used in limited-space models.

Oddly enough, I've been playing with the idea of one where it might be perfect--if it were to exist.

Guess I would have to get the hardware set, as my current casings in 75: 4, 6-- are both Gen 1.

Later!

--Coop

It sure seems like there is a large demand on this thread for a 3 inch and 4 inch single grain motors. I know Error tech has 2 loads for the 75 , and 5 loads for the 98 . Vmax , White Thunder , Blue Streak should all be a plug and play with adequate thrust to weight. T-W should not be a huge concern with the introduction of mellow.

Eric

Maybe. Unfortunately there wouldn't be a lot of useful reload in that size (sufficient thrust v.s. hardware weight). We try to have more than 1 or 2 reloads per case. Of course you could also use the 2G case with a spacer. [I just noticed we have some casings on the shelf!].

Jeroen.

That's something that I thought of when I wondered why there was no 1grain case, just might be too heavy to be useful, but the low and slow guys might enjoy it. But as for the case of 1grain 75mm, and 98mm, C-star is always nice :)

I really enjoy the Mellow motors. This is a 2.6" airframe with the I55. Eventually, my goal is to find out how slow I can get a rocket off a rail using active stabilization via canards or a gimbaled motor.

[video=youtube;Zfe29oP8TIU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfe29oP8TIU[/video]

A dual thrust Mellow/Vmax motor would also be cool.

Jeroen, any news on the Pro 24 6GXL case? A 100% G Redline or Mellow would be a nice motor.

Last edited:
Jeroen, any news on the Pro 24 6GXL case? A 100% G Redline or Mellow would be a nice motor.

We are currently working on some other products, but these are on the list for the next cert session. We may call this casing a 7G, so it will be less confusing when we introduce the 8G.

Jeroen

So we will finally get to shove an H motor in an Estes rocket? :) (And i'm ignoring the PSII kits in that) XD

We are currently working on some other products, but these are on the list for the next cert session. We may call this casing a 7G, so it will be less confusing when we introduce the 8G.

Jeroen

:D:D:D:D:D:D:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::jaw::jaw::grin::grin::drool::drool::drool:

8G? that would be AWESOME! What would the approximate specs be for motors of that size?

So does this mean there's the possibility of 8G cases in other sizes? Like 29mm? :wink::smile:;)

Jeroen

:y::surprised: I may need to...modify... my Blackhawk 24...

I don't think, usually, Cti never made V-MAX long stick, probably because it's impossible/dangerous. It never exceed 4 grains. But a Mellow or White, even Green would be nice! :rolleyes:

Back