CTI Cesaroni Technology

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its the CTI's version of the Aerotech M1297 (which used to be a L) CTI should rename the 98mm4G White the M1900, rather than the N1800, that way it directly competes with the M1939W which is technically a 2%N

I respectfully disagree with that. CTI is doing the right thing. IMO Aerotech needs to rename their M1939 to an N1700 since it has an average thrust of 1691N and a total impulse of 10481 Ns :eek:

While they are at it they should also rename their M1419...

I respectfully disagree with that. CTI is doing the right thing. IMO Aerotech needs to rename their M1939 to an N1700 since it has an average thrust of 1691N and a total impulse of 10481 Ns :eek:

But think of the people in California who want to fly their M(N) motors!

I was joking. Aerotech is the one that should change it.

What's wrong with the 1419? I don't see it?

I hope to see video of that 4gr baby M. Would like to run a few sims on it, see how some of my bigger projects would do on it...

Later!

--Coop

I hope to see video of that 4gr baby M. Would like to run a few sims on it, see how some of my bigger projects would do on it...

Later!

--Coop

Coop, I'm planning on flying the M1101WH in my 6" HELLFIRE although that may change. Once I do fly the load though I'll list all the particulars here. Rocket Diameter, pad weight, altitude etc. That'll give you a better idea if we don't have the motor file yet.

Sounds great, Gary! Look forward to it!

Later!

--Coop

A motor testing session was held at the Cesaroni Technology Incorporated facility in Gormley, Ontario
on June 6-7
th, 2014.

In total, 18 motors were certified with 103 firings over two days. The total fired impulse was 105,842 N-sec
(just into the ‘Q’ range). This session sees the arrival of a new slow burning propellant, the Mellow. Seven
motors use the new propellant and will be found in 29mm, 38mm, 54mm and 75mm. Seven of the motors
used White propellant (including 1 Moonburner), the others are:
 Skidmark-Longburn  Blue Streak
 Classic  White Thunder
During this session a boat tail threaded retaining ring was certified on the Pro75 hardware. The test was
performed on a Pro75-2G-Vmax.

The motors ranged from a new Pro24-2G (Blue Streak, 50 N-s) up to a Pro98-6GXL (White Moonburner 16,803
N-s).

While these motors were certified in Canada, a reciprocal agreement between the Canadian Association of
Rocketry, the Tripoli Rocketry Association and the National Association of Rocketry means they may be flown
in many jurisdictions.

I am very pleased to announce the certification of these eighteen (18) new reloads from Cesaroni Technology,
Inc. Individual certification letters follow for each motor. These letters and the accompanying thrust curves
will be available on the official CAR-ACF website soon.

Respectfully submitted,

André Choquette
Chair of CAR Motor Certification

View attachment 2014_June_06_07_CERT_LTR_June_17.pdf

Awesome stuff, but the 38mm and 75mm mellows' thrust curves are not up on the website.

A Pro29 "G" impulse motor (CTI 143-G33-MY-9A, CTI Pro29-3G) that burns for 4.38 seconds. Wow. That's over a second longer than their long-burn white.

It's over the HPR limits since it has a propellant weight of 79.1 grams (limit is > 62.5 grams) so you have to be L1 or above to fly it.

Greg

I check the NFPA rules yesterday, and the limit is 125g for model rocket if you are 18 or over.

André

I can't wait to get my hands on a few of the new "mellow" reloads. Any chance Wildman will have them at Airfest XX?

I can't wait to get my hands on a few of the new "mellow" reloads. Any chance Wildman will have them at Airfest XX?

If he does, it will be another VERY expensive trip to Kansas... Can't let Sharon go alone into the Wildman trailer, no telling what she might end up buying. :y:

Is there any place we can download the .eng files?

Please excuse me if I missed the location already.

hmmm... so if there is a 2 grain 24mm case now, does this mean there may be a 24mm 6xl in the future? would probably be in the baby H range... :D

Very excited to try those 29 and 38mm mellow loads, I love longburns!

J145 Skidmark LONGBURN?! Egad. I'm so going to need to fly this!

And that M1101 is quite intriguing...

Look forward to seeing these!

Later!

--Coop

16803-N1560:

Jim Jarvis, paging Jim Jarvis. FourCarbYen's new sustainer motor is on the line for you. :cool:

Manny

(Patiently Awaiting .eng Files)

I feel like an excited child as I want to see some of these motors fly.

16803-N1560:

Jim Jarvis, paging Jim Jarvis. FourCarbYen's new sustainer motor is on the line for you. :cool:

Manny

I think he needs a new sustainer first, though. IIRC his current one only fits a 6G case.

Back