Costa Rica University rocketry team fundraiser

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peartree

Cyborg Rocketeer
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
In recent days, a team of students from the Costa Rica University have posted a plea for funds via a GoFundMe type site in violation of TRF's rules and the posts were removed from public view. In the background, I contacted some of the organizers of the ARLISS rocket competition and confirmed that this was a real, legitimate team that isgenuinely attempting to compete at ARLISS, and they were indeed very short on money and "are on a shoestring budget" to the point that some of the folks I contacted had already donated a considerable sum of their personal funds toward this team's needed materials (though they hope that the team will be able to pay for some of them).

As of now, all of the students have been able to purchase their plane tickets, but as you probably know, just getting there is often only half of the expense. Similarly, if they are able to raise a little money, they might be able to pay for some of the materials so that the folks I mentioned don't *have* to donate everything.

There are only a few hours left on the team's fundraising page but if this is something that you'd like to consider, now that we've verified that this is legitimate and not some kind of scam, I have attached the link below.

https://gogetfunding.com/costaricarockets/

I do want to be clear, however, that I, nor TRF, endorse this fundraising effort, but we have verified that it isn't a scam and felt that some members of the forum might be interested in helping.

Back