Coronavirus: What questions do you have?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true.

The numbers keep skyrocketring. 17K in GA. US keeps a similar pace. In 3 hours, one site with a single physician and staff tested 130 patients.
Same here. LDH reported record numbers the last 2 days, over 9,000 yesterday, and over 12,000 today. I have several family members, friends and coworkers that have tested positive. One is in the hospital with pneumonia. The rest have varying degrees of fatigue, body aches, fever, chills, sore throat and sinus issues. All are vaccinated / boosted, and a least one is on their second COVID infection. The common thread seems to be they caught it from kids / grandkids.

Doc said that the hospitals around here are admitting folks that don't need to be in the hospital because they get paid more and full hospitals mean more money. I trust him, he's been our GP and a good friend for 35 years. I've had a good life, when it's my time to go, it's my time to go.

We have a good friend who is a doctor that say's the same thing. She won't take the jab or let her family. We won't either.

Maybe these hospitals that are admitting people who don’t need to be admitted will get nailed for insurance fraud. Your doctors you mentioned who told you this should phone in an anonymous tip to the police or other authorities, not spread rumors about the hospitals to their patients. If what they say is true, then it’s a crime that costs every one of us money, and they should report it. Or maybe it’s BS. Could be either one, but reporting fraud is the way to get to the bottom of it.

One thing I’d want to ask your doctors is, are any of these patients who are supposedly being admitted unnecessarily later going into the ICU, getting put on vents, or actually dying of covid? Because that seems to be what is happening all over the country — people going into the hospital, ICU, ventilator, morgue, then grave. If people are dying of disease, then they probably needed to be in the hospital.

"Doc said that the hospitals around here are admitting folks that don't need to be in the hospital because they get paid more and full hospitals mean more money. I trust him, he's been our GP and a good friend for 35 years. I've had a good life, when it's my time to go, it's my time to go. "

We have a good friend who is a doctor that say's the same thing. She won't take the jab or let her family. We won't either.

https://covid19criticalcare.com/

Lots of good info on this link.

That is a tragedy in the making. We have sent so 100s patients discharged through the celestial regression that took that stance. I have only had less than a handful die due to COVID who were immunized. Good luck to you.

Maybe these hospitals that are admitting people who don’t need to be admitted will get nailed for insurance fraud. Your doctors you mentioned who told you this should phone in an anonymous tip to the police or other authorities, not spread rumors about the hospitals to their patients. If what they say is true, then it’s a crime that costs every one of us money, and they should report it. Or maybe it’s BS. Could be either one, but reporting fraud is the way to get to the bottom of it.

One thing I’d want to ask your doctors is, are any of these patients who are supposedly being admitted unnecessarily later going into the ICU, getting put on vents, or actually dying of covid? Because that seems to be what is happening all over the country — people going into the hospital, ICU, ventilator, morgue, then grave. If people are dying of disease, then they probably needed to be in the hospital.

I am a required reporter. In 24 years, I have reported fraud every time it is suspected and I have evidence. This is hearsay so I can't do anything with it. Every report is investigated and if founded, the physicians often are charged and jailed and the hospital is punished.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here. LDH reported record numbers the last 2 days, over 9,000 yesterday, and over 12,000 today. I have several family members, friends and coworkers that have tested positive. One is in the hospital with pneumonia. The rest have varying degrees of fatigue, body aches, fever, chills, sore throat and sinus issues. All are vaccinated / boosted, and a least one is on their second COVID infection. The common thread seems to be they caught it from kids / grandkids.

I am very afraid of this coming week. We have a large number of students returning (under 10K). They have gone home for the Congressionally-mandated holiday. I am sure they will return with a little Christmas present for the medic l community - Delta or Omicron.

I am very afraid of this coming week. We have a large number of students returning (under 10K). They have gone home for the Congressionally-mandated holiday. I am sure they will return with a little Christmas present for the medic l community - Delta or Omicron.
Yes, next week will be interesting. Kids heading back to school, including my son. So far we have dodged COVID, but I don’t know for how much longer.

The good news is that except for that one person that had to go into the hospital, the rest of the cases that I know of are recovering quickly. Lingering fatigue perhaps.

"Doc said that the hospitals around here are admitting folks that don't need to be in the hospital because they get paid more and full hospitals mean more money. I trust him, he's been our GP and a good friend for 35 years. I've had a good life, when it's my time to go, it's my time to go. "

I can't speak to the hospital fraud allegations, but your doctor is ignoring a year and a half of data that very definitively shows better outcomes for vaccinated people. It may be time to switch doctors.

I guess the people I treat with covid who are critically ill and the many who have died are all part of a conspiracy where we are making it up. I'm so f&**** tired of all of us in healthcare being called liars.

Last edited:

Hospital systems here (northeast Ohio) are running almost continuous advertising on television, newspapers, and social media to get vaccinated, stay away from large groups, wear masks, get boosters, social distance, and anything else you can do to stay OUT of the hospital because they're so full they've cancelled elective surgeries and the wait in the ER for an available bed can be three days (or more) with a bed in the hallway. For months, it's been common for ERs to transfer patients (like my wife) 50 to 100 miles (and three counties) away for an available hospital bed. Our county coroner just rented a second refrigerated trailer because all the morgue, as well as the hospitals, are overflowing with the unprocessed dead.

Somehow I don't think they'd lose money on a million dollar ad campaign if they were admitting patients that weren't really sick.

In addition to the things others said, I'll point out the rare issue with the J&J shot isn't present with the mRNA shots (PFizer/BioNTech and Moderna) that make up most of the US vaccination program and are a mainstay abroad as well. There have been a few cases of myocarditis with these mRNA shots but in the whole of the US you would be hard pressed to find more than a handful of deaths that might POSSIBLY be related to it. Remember, VAERS data is collecting a lot of data on all this, so that causation can be investigated.

At this point, covid vaccines collectively are among the most studied medications in the history of medicine. Well over half of the world's population has received at least one dose of one of the vaccines... and there have been no major issues. Even the J&J clotting issue is relatively minor as it goes... chances of getting infected with covid and having covid cause a clotting issue are much higher (by orders of magnitude) than the issue with that vaccine. But, since there are better vaccines available in the US, it was appropriate to pull back on the J&J at this point.

And even if the US was somehow cooking the books, the data is similar all over the world. One might suggest a massive conspiracy to keep everything consistent, but governments and companies are simply not competent enough to "maintain the fiction consistently" if that's what was going on.

Folks, we gotta real this in, this is a thread for question for the experts on COVID. It is not a state your own opinion thread.

What do I think about 1000s of people being killed by the vaccine? I think anyone who believes this propaganda is delusional. Please provide one link with evidence that suggests this is true.

I'm standing on neutral ground. I'm going to attempt to leave opinions out except this one:

Healthcare professionals from all walks of life have an unimaginably difficult and risky job. The politicization of the thing has made doing their job much, much more difficult. Two medivac nurses and two medivac pilots died in a stall / spin on short final crash in a Lear 35 a few days ago. That's only 4 people out of thousands? 10 thousands? Idk. How many medivac flights are there every day? To the deceased, the families, and their friends 4 people is a pretty damn big number.

The New York Times article is dated 12/16/21 in the link. Johns Hopkins has an article about it being paused on April 23, 2021 for the same reason and resumed on April 30, 2021. Just for the record I'll take info from Johns Hopkins over the NYT any day.

The CDC also has an article (articles). It's not imaginary, nor is it 1,000's. These articles are way above my raising.

A review of reports indicates a causal relationship between the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine and TTS. CDC scientists have conducted detailed reviews of TTS cases and made the information available to healthcare providers and the public:
Apparently J&J is available with warnings now. I don't know the criteria or if there's a criteria for which vaccine to choose but If I were me and I chose to get vaccinated I reckon I'd go with Pfizer.

If you step back and look at the effect that the media (all kinds) has had on the population and how efficiently they've managed to spread fact and fiction, as well as create a bias so strong, in both directions, that there is a huge cloud of fog in the middle, it's a bit scary but it's been happening since the first petroglyph and pictograph. The biases are so strong that people are willing to throw down, not face to face of course, forum anonymity is a powerful thing, over each other's opinions. Debunking bad press excepted, it's not anyone's business what the other does nor is it necessary for any of us to press our "virtues" on another. Try that on a bear or mountain lion. They don't care what you think or at least they don't seem to. There are some nice desert hikes (I love the desert. It's amazing how much water is out there) that will get you out of cell range (carry a PLB just in case) and in closer proximity to a black bear or mountain lion. So far I've only seen fresh tracks, way too fresh.

On a personal note, the ex-wife and her 7th or 8th husband (not sure) tested positive for Covid two days ago. I get no happiness from that. We parted ways a long time ago and I think I got the better part of the deal (4 kids and 6 grandkids) as did she. They're supposed to go in for "an infusion" today. I think that means monoclonal antibodies but I don't know. According to my youngest daughter the only thing she's complained about is "that damned annoying cough". :/ She's got a lot of comorbidities. Multiple stints, diabetes that she treats with a candy bar sometimes :/ , a bit overweight. She was a good mother and is good grandmother. I hope she gets through this.

I think the problem is today is the news today is that they act like they themselves are COVID experts including a few so-called experts that do not and have never worked on the frontlines against COVID. I heard news anchors and experts say over and over again that COVID is nothing to worry about because Omincron is so mild and bad outcomes are so rare. They say masks do nothing so don't bother wearing them. They often add the vaccine causes more adverse outcomes so don't take them. This is Hogwash. Two weeks into Omnicron and we do not know. Masks and social distancing reduce infections. The vaccine is safe and nearly no one has died from a vaccine.

We need to stop sensationalizing this pandemic to make political points and fight to end the pandemic.

I should get some data today. Most COVID operations were shut down for the Holiday. I expect a slow ramp up over the next 3 days and an explosion of infections in the middle of the week.

Do we have any hard numbers yet on case hospitalization and case fatality rates for Omicron?
Interested in seeing how much "milder" this is compared to earlier variants.

FYI our positivity rate for PCR testing is 20%. They had to switch from batch testing (group of four, test all four when a batch shows positive) down to individual testing due to high positivity rate. That has blown out the test results time markedly.

92% of hospitalisations are non-vaccinated.

How much information is actually collected on the variants that people are dying of? For example, when somebody asks how many people have died of omicron, how much do we really know for certain? For the past few weeks, it looks like the moving averages for covid deaths in the US have been around 1,300 - 1,500 per day, so people are definitely still dying of one variant or another.

Also, is it possible that the huge omicron surge is masking a smaller surge of other variants, like delta? For example, if 3/4 of all new cases are omicron, but new cases have increased by say a factor of 5 or 6, then cases of non-omicron variants are also increasing, just not as much as omicron. How much do we know about that?

The broad narrative seems to be that omicron is much more contagious, but less lethal, and it is now overtaking the other more lethal variants. And the over-simplified version is that it’s all omicron now, and it‘s harmless. So people look at the exponential growth of cases right now and say, meh, that’s just the harmless omicron spike. Considering the number of people still currently dying every day, that doesn’t seem to be the whole story.

Once again, a reminder that if you aren't specifically asking Chuck a question, passing along information that Chuck has asked for, or are... well... Chuck, don't post it in this thread. I know I've been guilty of doing this, but in order to be useful, we need to keep this thread cleaner and free of the arguing and speculating that got removed to its own forum in the first place. If you want to post that stuff that's not a question for Chuck, that's the place for it.

How much information is actually collected on the variants that people are dying of?
According to this article we are seeing (in state of NSW in Australia) 72% of ICU admissions being delta.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-04/nsw-records-highest-hospitalisation-and-covid-cases/100736056
As I mentioned upthread 76 % of cases are omicron according to testing in the population (State of Victoria). The charts in the link on post #4970 will update each day and are worth referring back to as case numbers spike.

According to this article we are seeing (in state of NSW in Australia) 72% of ICU admissions being delta.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-04/nsw-records-highest-hospitalisation-and-covid-cases/100736056
As I mentioned upthread 76 % of cases are omicron according to testing in the population (State of Victoria). The charts in the link on post #4970 will update each day and are worth referring back to as case numbers spike.

That is what we are seeing in the US. 24% of infections is enough to fill an ICU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back