Cool things I found on YouTube or other videos...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Classic Lectures - The Contribution of Power Jets Ltd to Jet Propulsion by G. B. R. Feildon

Not a video unfortunately, but some insights into the development of the jet engine from someone who actually worked on the development in the early days. Podcast courtesy of the Royal Aeronautical Society.

Came across these two videos by "GarandThumb". He built an one of a kind BR-55 Battlerifle from the video game series Halo. Works, has a round counter (sorta). Unfortunately he can't/won't sell any or provide the files due to not wanting to be sued by Microsoft, which is understandable.

Intro movie

A longer, more detailed explanation of the gun

Ignoring the subject of the video for a second, I don't know whether this technique, using an electric drill in a lathe to make a mill, is genius or insanity (or a bit of both)

I watched the other videos the guy made. His creativity and resourcefulness are amazing. He made a rifling broach out of a 1/4" sq piece of high speed steel, mostly using an angle grinder. A lot of the parts he made were from what looks like rebar.

I watched the other videos the guy made. His creativity and resourcefulness are amazing. He made a rifling broach out of a 1/4" sq piece of high speed steel, mostly using an angle grinder. A lot of the parts he made were from what looks like rebar.
That may not end well- normal rebar is not all that strong. There are some threaded bars used for post tensioning that are about twice as strong, they look a little bit like rebar, that would be getting closer to modern firearm steel.

Back