Cool Slow Motion Videos of CRASH Launch 1-4-15

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dyslexia strikes again. I was expecting to see a slow motion video of a rocket crash.

Nice set of launches; do you think the low temperatures had anything to do with the dense smoke trails?

Dyslexia strikes again. I was expecting to see a slow motion video of a rocket crash.

Nice set of launches; do you think the low temperatures had anything to do with the dense smoke trails?

Yea, I was expecting to see a rocket crash. No joy :(

The cold dense air at a winter launch does enhance the sound and slows the rockets a tad for better smoke trails. I think some of the "less than fully efficient 3FNC rocket designs" also contributed.

How many FPS is the video shot at? I especially like watching the cluster motors both come up to pressure.

Great stuff!! Composite cluster definitely my favorite. Neat flights in there...any details?

The composite cluster was 3 AT white lightnings, that is all I know about that one. Super cool.

Heck yeah! I thought there was a third flame...

So cool how the slo-mo reveals the 'sputtering flames' from the WL.. I think it's from the delay grain interfering w/the flame.

These are so cool! I'd like to get a better camera. I just posted a slo-mo compilation, but the launches were filmed on a really cheap camera, and don't have anything near this quality.

Back